Thread: Modules

Post Thanks / Like

Default Modules

How in the world does one install the modules necessary for draw length? I am new to compound archery, and just purchased the Martin Threshold Adventure from Sportsmansguide.com. The bow kit came in pieces, with no discernible manual for assembly. Please, anyone out there. How can I do the work myself, without having to pay a tech at an archery shop.

Post Thanks / Like

i know nothing about that bow,but here is a link to the 2011 bow manual.http://www.martinarchery.com/manuals...und_Manual.pdf..please post pics of your bow and all areas of the bow you have questions about.im unsure what you meen when you say it came in peices.is the bow all torn down as in you need to put the whole thing together of are you just needing to change out a mod to set your dl(draw length).so post pics please to better help you in what you need.oh ya and welcome to the martin tech family.....do you know how to mesure your DL.and it really ez to change out a mod on a single cam bow.ther are 2 screws holding the mod in place.remove the 2 screws and the remove the mod and then put the mod you want back in the place of the last mod.tighten screws down.if one screw is coverd by the limb then pull back on the cable with your hand(dont draw the bow) and it will give you enough room to take that srew out.
    Last edited by gravedigger; 07-22-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would doubt that it is that much different than the accutrak. If you look at the lower cam, there will be a section that the string is NOT touching when at rest, but when you draw the bow, it bottoms out against that portion. If it IS indeed like the accutrak cam, you just have to take two small screws out and put in a different module. The THICKER the cam module, the less draw length, the thinner it is provides a greater draw length. If it is typical of Martin, you will have them number 1-6. And each one represents one inch incriments.... I see it goes from 25-30 inches, so more than likely a #1 module is for 25'', 2 for 26'', 3 for 27'', 4 for 28'', 5 for 29'' and 6 for 30'' and there is a stopper that hits the limb when you are at full draw, this cam be moved the adjust for incriments smaller than one inch. Soooo if you need a 27 1/2'' draw you use cam module #4 and back that stopper off halfway.... This is just a general idea of the process, but I hope it helps!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pizzadave View Post
    I would doubt that it is that much different than the accutrak. If you look at the lower cam, there will be a section that the string is NOT touching when at rest, but when you draw the bow, it bottoms out against that portion. If it IS indeed like the accutrak cam, you just have to take two small screws out and put in a different module. The THICKER the cam module, the less draw length, the thinner it is provides a greater draw length. If it is typical of Martin, you will have them number 1-6. And each one represents one inch incriments.... I see it goes from 25-30 inches, so more than likely a #1 module is for 25'', 2 for 26'', 3 for 27'', 4 for 28'', 5 for 29'' and 6 for 30'' and there is a stopper that hits the limb when you are at full draw, this cam be moved the adjust for incriments smaller than one inch. Soooo if you need a 27 1/2'' draw you use cam module #4 and back that stopper off halfway.... This is just a general idea of the process, but I hope it helps!
    You are almost totally correct. Changing a module is the same for all Martin single cams. There are 7 modules in all, and usually one isn't used for a particular bow.
    Welcome to the forum kengiambrose!!

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kengiambrose View Post
    with no discernible manual for assembly.
    That sucks! Looks like they changed to a Martin looking cam 2011.

http://www.martinarchery.com/2011/threshold.php

http://www.martinarchery.com/2010web/threshold.php

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen a 2011 Threshold, but looking at the bottom cam in the 2011 catalog and cross referencing it it appears to be a 2008 MPro cam. Wonder if it has the draw stop. Can't tell from the 2011 catalog. This is just a guess on my part but I'll bet Martin is using up some stock of older cams they have. If such is the case then any manual showing the MPro or M2Pro should be applicable.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver