Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how bout this for cable rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default how bout this for cable rods?

http://www.bowturbow.com/
    Anyone seen these? Could be the answer to the 2011 owners who went the rod and slide route.
    I don't know if it would work, but i know i'm not coughing up $80. dollars just to see if it meets any of its claims.(maybe $40 though)
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

I like their claim as to how they got the speed increase; "The Speed shown on the SpeedTach was achieved with a 74 lb draw weight, a 29" draw and a 337 grain shaft. " I guess if the 5 grains per pound rules doesn't matter to you, you can have a faster bow. Although I doubt it will last too long.
    2012 Alien X

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks impressive. But I am the kinda guy who wants to see reviews! It probably works but how well?

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I looked into the bowturbow a while ago... but from what it sounds like, they void your warranty because they can stress your limbs so badly. I mean, being you install it yourself, you can really preload the limbs if you force it way forward, and I was worried how well it attaches.. LOTS of pressure on it all the time, and would hate to see it let loose and come flying toward the shooter. It looks like the turbowspeed has a bit of an angle to the wheels vs the old one, which would make it smoother to draw, and help to fight against string wear. If I was to go toward that route, I would just get a stock martin CCS since they make them for my bow. I wish there was a company that'd come out with a universal CCS like Bowtechs, which flexes to give you both preloaded limbs, and a TRG type effect to battle cam lean!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see that it would work any better than a ccs; it most likely reduces the "friction" of the draw making it smoother but probably won't make it much faster if any. Rather than list the "specs" used to get the speeds posted why don't they state the make/model and original speed?
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I can't see that it would work any better than a ccs; it most likely reduces the "friction" of the draw making it smoother but probably won't make it much faster if any. Rather than list the "specs" used to get the speeds posted why don't they state the make/model and original speed?

I could see it giving you more speed for sure! Because your bow draw weight probably increases 10 lbs... on most bows today... for every lb of draw weight that equals 3 feet per second. That is just a general rule of thumb... sooo just think about it... You are preloading the limbs, bending them just a little bit further as you draw it than you normally would. I could see it adding 20 feet per second.... but doubt that increased limb stress is really worth it! I dropped the poundage of my bow from 72 lbs to 67 lbs... and it was noticeably slower at 30 yards. 20 yards, and I didn't really see a change, but at 30 I could tell I backed it off.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I am just old and grumpy, but anyone that uses an imaginary word like "quietens" in an advertisement isn't someone I am going to trust. To me, this thing just looks like a CCS that is more adjustable to preload the limbs more. I also noticed after watching the video, they didn't say what the draw weight was with the bowturbow on the bow. They just went with the previous 40# draw @ 24 inches. Like the CCS, it HAS to raise the draw weight, and preload the limbs more. Also have to wonder why they removed the first video.......... If someone blows the $80 on this thing, let us all know how it works. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

When this product first came out all i heard on AT was how bad it could be ,this will void this ,on and on but let me ask this how many horror stories or anything bad about this product or anybody getting hurt have you heard.I havent heard one thing bad to my knowledge.
    Now im not saying i would use it but i thought i would just throw that out there...............

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I will say is a set screw on the new Martin cable rods will shatter the rod.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

where are they are at?????