Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinchtab or Glove?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pinchtab or Glove?

I've been shooting my 50# Dream Catcher a lot lately, at times with a pinchtab and other times a glove. It's probably a form issue, or the shooter, but, I've noticed that my shots with my old stiff glove seem more accurate than my shots with my pinchtab. I was just wondering why some people swear by the tab and for others the glove is the answer?...is it like most things, a matter of personal preference? For those who shoot with the glove, what type/brand of glove do you prefer? If I'm gonna shoot glove, I think I'm gonna have to get something with a little more feel...just looking for others opinions?
    2012 Martin Scepter V 60#
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT 60#
    2008 Martin Bamboo Viper 45# @ 28" AMO 64"
    1973 Damon Howatt Ventura 66" AMO 25#

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wut4dude View Post
    I was just wondering why some people swear by the tab and for others the glove is the answer?
    Answer I think is

Quote Originally Posted by wut4dude View Post
    I've noticed that my shots with my old stiff glove seem more accurate than my shots with my pinchtab.
    All about what works best.

Post Thanks / Like

Tab or glove? Neither. I shoot bare fingers or with plaster "rings" on my middle finger and index finger. Just can't feel the string right through the leather.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Have never liked the 3 finger gloves, still have an old hoyt 'Pro tab' that I've worn the eleatic strap off of twice, its been trimed down, and is very slick, worn smooth by 1000's of shots. Also never liked tabs with the rubber block between the fingers.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I shoot bare fingers
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaamm you da man. Scares me just thinking about that, OUCH. I've got a calf hair tab (split finger) which I like very much, very smooth. I also have a glove (cheep allen) which is my choice of weapon. I put some mole skin in the fingers and works great for me. All depends on what you are more comfortable shooting with.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaamm you da man. Scares me just thinking about that, OUCH. I've got a calf hair tab (split finger) which I like very much, very smooth. I also have a glove (cheep allen) which is my choice of weapon. I put some mole skin in the fingers and works great for me. All depends on what you are more comfortable shooting with.
    Thanks, but it's not a big deal - my heaviest bow shot with bare fingers is 55# only. The good thing is that after a couple of hundred shots the skin of the three fingers becomes thick as a leather and you don't feel pain any more
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 fingers under or Traditional

I started using a glove because I tend to make the arrow fall off the rest when I use a tab. I also started shooting with three fingers under the arrow instead of the traditional grip. I had to adjust my point of aim but I shoot much better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaamm you da man.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by shaverd View Post
    I also started shooting with three fingers under the arrow instead of the traditional grip. I had to adjust my point of aim but I shoot much better.
    Same here. I shot split finger for years but with 3 finger under I had better alignment.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Funny but...

I find the more expensive and softer leather less efficient then the cheap thin plastic. It is like the thinner glove gives me more direct dexterity in the launch. I bought a cheaper simulated leather for a back up and for friends to use and found I liked it better than my more expensive leather one which came from the pro shop and I don't remember the brand. although it feels great on the hand I am not as confident with it along I have used it longer.

I don't have any experience with tabs.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    I bought a cheaper simulated leather for a back up and for friends to use and found I liked it better than my more expensive leather one....

I have a cheap glove and had never used anything else until two days ago. I have been shooting so much lately that my fingers became very sore even with the glove. My fingers even have bruises on them. I decided to make a glove out of some elk leather and now I can shoot again. It dosn't look the best but it works great. It is hard to feel the string and I will go back to my store bought glove as soon as possible, however, I will always keep this one as a back-up.