Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strings for 2010 Dream Catcher 50#

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strings for 2010 Dream Catcher 50#

2010 Dream Catcher a.jpg
    I'm looking to replace the string on my 2010 Dream Catcher...it's a 60" AMO and 50# at 28"...Is this bow FF rated? What type of strings do I want for this bow?...I use to have an old Bear...1967 Bear Kodiak Hunter...45#...and I put a continuous loop dacron B-50 on it?...I think...but was just wondering what kind of string I need for this bow. Thanks.
    2012 Martin Scepter V 60#
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT 60#
    2008 Martin Bamboo Viper 45# @ 28" AMO 64"
    1973 Damon Howatt Ventura 66" AMO 25#

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is another link that shows fast flite if you look at the reviews that might help http://www.3riversarchery.com/Produc...0&i=4445X#full

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wut4dude View Post
    what kind of string I need for this bow
    Should be able to use any type on that bow. Which is best? A fastflight string will give a few fps speed increase but increase vibration slighly and puts a bit more stress on the limb tips. A dacron string will be a lot nicer to shoot imho and a bit easier on the bow but loose a few fps.

Endless loop or flemish? Don't like flemish but they look great, the extra weight at the end loops can make things a bit noisier sometimes. If it was my bow I would put a endless loop B50 on it.

Is that your bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dream Catcher

...yeah man, I sold an old Bear Kodiak Hunter that I shot for a long while, and seeing it was my only REAL bow, I started going through recurve withdrawals...so I bought this bow used. I think I got a pretty good deal on it, and it looks like new...the pic probably doesn't do it justice. It just needs a new string. It's been so HOT in eastern NC...I've only had a chance to shoot maybe 15-20 shots with it...it's a real smooth shooter!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wut4dude View Post
    going through recurve withdrawals
    Been having them lately with all the trouble I've been having with my shadowcat, recurves are so easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recurves

...I agree Destroyer...don't get me wrong man, I love shooting a compound, but there's something to be said about the simplicity of a traditional bow...and I don't mean they're easy or simple to master...it's just I go months where I'm like a cat chasing its tail with compounds...man all the info...new bows come out...new speed demons...new accessories/products...It becomes like information overload!...deep breaths, slow down, relax, nock an arrow, check your posture/head/bowhand placement, draw, aim, release, follow through...I know man, I've been reading some Core Archery, but yes, I get to the point to where my compounds go in there cases for a while, until I start having withdrawals for them, and I've gotten over why I packed 'em up the start with, but a recurve...man, I love 'em, they are the dog of the bow world. You come home, had a bad day, the recurve is always there for you...it loves you unconditionally...the compound on the other hand is not happy simply because you're spending some quality time together...the compound is like you're choking me, you're torquing me, you're drawing me with your arms , not your rhomboids...but yes, I guess what I'm saying is the recurve is a true love affair and the compound bow relationship is more like a love/hate relationship...man, if it wasn't a hundred degrees here and HIGH humidity, I'd go shoot a bow...guess, we really need an indoor range in the Greenville, NC area...thanks for letting me rant!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's going around. I just bought alot of new things for the firecat which I've yet to put on the bow. Seems I just can't get motivated enough to get it together. I'm just enjoying my viper too much right now.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Its why a lot of archers go to traditional bows, just to escape. The only bad thing about shooting traditional is the range you have. Very limited compared to a modern setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Its why a lot of archers go to traditional bows, just to escape. The only bad thing about shooting traditional is the range you have. Very limited compared to a modern setup.
    I guess that all depends, I started with recurves shooting field rounds, and have my 80 yd spot pin, But I could see back then. I've shot recurves instintive until I quallified A class, Freestyle until I reached A class and then string walked a Hoyt Pro Metalist to A class, all on field rounds. Club Champion in 1973. First saw a coupound in 72 and thought that that was the end of recurves. But because recurves are as simple as you want them to be, we still love shooting them. At least I still do. Not that I'm about to give up any of my Martins ( listed below ) guess that I'm just an archer.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was thinking more about hunting than target. Hunting with a recurve I'm limited to about 20 yards, maybe 25 on a good day but with the compounds I can shoot out to 60 yards with a good chance of hitting something. Its a big difference.