Thread: broken recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Default broken recurve

I bought my bow in April and set it up to go bow fishing. It had been working flawlessly until today when I went to put the string back on. Then this happened. The photo
    speaks for its self. I am going to contact customer service tomorrow and find out what I can do. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum.it would help if you posted some sort of info on your bow,startin with what brand...ect...but i will assume its a martin.and you have the answer in the question if it is a martin.call CS and they will take care of you if it was the fault of the product and not of the person.some more info on what happend would help.....how were you stringin up your bow...ect.

Post Thanks / Like

Default owner

It is a martin jaguar take down and I was instructed by the sales man that ran the archery area at basspro to string the bow with one foot over and one under the arm of the bow. The same way I have been doing it with my fathers recurve that he has owned for more than thirty years. I am not sure if the price of the bow, or the name written on it is an indicator of quality. I am just glad the limb did not splinter into my face.

Post Thanks / Like

yep answer is in the question.call CS and tell them whats up.im not a trad shooter nor do i know anyting about trad but martin CS is one of a kind.im sure they will fix ya up.please let us know what happens after you call them.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake_Abel View Post
    I was instructed by the sales man that ran the archery area at basspro to string the bow with one foot over and one under the arm of the bow.
    Should always use a stringer, I never liked stringing a bow that way especially on heavy poundage bows. Today's bows aren't as good imho which makes it worse. Make sure you mention what the salesman said to Martin. And welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Should always use a stringer, I never liked stringing a bow that way especially on heavy poundage bows. Today's bows aren't as good imho which makes it worse. Make sure you mention what the salesman said to Martin. And welcome to the forum.
    x2 I believe Martin will give you new limbs, Jake. Good luck!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows