Thread: 2010 Fire4cat

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2010 Fire4cat

Hi guys . Just today I had a limb failure on my 2010 firecat . Sep. 1st is opening day . I plan on taking it to my dealer on Tuseday , but do I need to drive down to Walla Walla this weekend to make it all happen before Opening day ? It's about an 8 hour drive form Seattle. Are you even open on Sat.. What will happen? Replace the limbs or Bow ? I realy do love this bow and have taken game with it . The only thing that needs to happen is to be up and ready for opening day . So please help if there is any help to give .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum!

It would pay to call Martin directly and find out for sure, they might want you to go through your dealer. With so little time until the opening its a real bad time for this to happen. I always have another bow as a backup just in case, not that a second bow is a solution to your problem.

Hope it gets fixed quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

for sure call martin CS.if you are willing to drive to walla walla to get it done faster let them know your down.i know if my bow split befor aug 27(opening day in oregon) i would be in my rig and driving to there shop.welcome to the forum and i hope you get it all worked out

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same thing happen with my '09 Firecat last year. Talked to Martin first, then my local shop. I had Martin send the limbs to them, then I went and picked them up. Turn around time was 4 days. If you leave it up to your local dealer, you are at his mercy. Some dealers just aren't all that enthused about doing repair work, so they'll put it off longer than neccessary.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Take it down to Bob at The Nock Point in Shoreline. He'll take good care of you.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. guys . It's at the Nock Point now , and should see it back at the end of the week .