Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Groups

Post Thanks / Like

Default Groups

Not really an off-topic, but what group sizes does everyone shoot at say 30 yards? On average. Not the one time you shot a 1/2 inch group while it was totally windstill Hutch. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

oh i would have to say about 4'' to 8'' groups depending on how i am feeling.but i have not tryed to shoot groups for some time now.i dont likeit when my arows touch,so i pic a spot for each shot.but i have really shaky hand's like to the point that there is no way i could be a doctor.it runs in my family.somthing to do with an over ctive thyroied

Post Thanks / Like

Bow pics 005.jpg Both pics are second round of 4 @30 yds.. First round was a little wider. I used some older arrows cause I rarely shoot groups. Don't like taking the chance of bustin up my arrows.Bow pics 002.jpg
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

30 about 3-4" and 40 3-6",not going to win any trophys,but good enough to put one in the boiler room
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

4" at 30 yards but I don't have great form atm . I don't shoot groups much except for sighting in for two reasons. First is the obvious damage you get and the other is that it lies sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a couple blurry pictures from some indoor practice a few months ago.........some days are tighter (& some wider), but I'd say this is fairly typical groups I might shoot, including the 3rd or 4th arrow I seem to pull off a bit low/right. Not sure what size those dots are.........3"? and appears that day I hitting a bit left.

After a few weeks of not shooting, finally did a little outside practice yesterday afternoon out to 60yds, and found myself hitting to the just off right most shots this time.
    .........30yds
    Bow practice 30yds 02-21-11.jpg

.........40yds
    Bow practice 40yds 02-21-11.jpg
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Not really an off-topic, but what group sizes does everyone shoot at say 30 feet? On average. Not the one time you shot a 1/2 inch group while it was totally windstill Hutch. lol
    Eh, 30 feet I can do that! Even with wind.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

soon as I get a new target I'll shoot groups and take pics for proof. On a typical day, my 30yd groups are 4 arrows touching inside of a 2.5" circle. At 40yds they aren't ALL touching,but are inside of 3" circle. Wish I could find a way to shoot groups in live 'coons. That's all the shooting I've been able to do lately. Lol
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    soon as I get a new target I'll shoot groups and take pics for proof. On a typical day, my 30yd groups are 4 arrows touching inside of a 2.5" circle. At 40yds they aren't ALL touching,but are inside of 3" circle. Wish I could find a way to shoot groups in live 'coons. That's all the shooting I've been able to do lately. Lol
    Build your own target Hawg. We have one we made about a year ago, and it must have 8000 shots or more in it. The facing is still good condition other than a little 4" hole, which is still shoot-able. The target is 3' wide 4' tall and 20" deep, that is our indoor one. The out door one is a block that we made as well.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    Hawg,
    We don't "need " proof but it will still be fun to see the pics. If you need aide to post pics let AS know. lol
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!