Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Groups

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Now this is a good group, finger breaking good.

Tim "The Hammer" Gillingham proudly showing why he loves his new Kinetcs.

Two perfectly placed arrows from 101 yards! Great Job Tim!

Post Thanks / Like

One of my coworkers can shoot like that when he and his bow are tuned up.......he was practicing for a caribou hunt (which he's on right now) and hitting nice broadhead groups out at 100yds.....just in case. (I put my bow down at anything beyond 60 and watch)
    Once fine tuned in, his 60yd BH groups look better than my best 40yd fld points groups......But then he has considerable more experience and dedication than I do. Hoyt pro shooter and former Hoyt senior engineer (most recently worked on design of the new carbon models) and has done pretty well in tournement shooting.
    http://www.ddbowhunting.com/html/coop.php
    (& no he hasn't tried to get me to switch brands.......jokingly mentioned it, but no pressure)
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    & no he hasn't tried to get me to switch brands.......jokingly mentioned it, but no pressure
    Mentioning is not enough. He should be offering freebie bows and other gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post

Now, there is what everyone should practice - Shot placement. This was shot from 20 yards on my 40 yard Walk Up practice range.
    Basically, up close and personal, no doubt you can place your arrow, you place your arrow to block the next shooter - block as in block or make him think about your arrow.
    This target is one section of a regular NFAA 5 spot - the 4 circle is about the size of a 10 ring on a 3D deer.

thats what i like to do.but i try and make dimonds and smily faces,thats just me being me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Not really an off-topic, but what group sizes does everyone shoot at say 30 yards? On average. Not the one time you shot a 1/2 inch group while it was totally windstill Hutch. lol
    Ok, I've mentioned my typical groups before, but today I was given an offset bracket to try for helping balance bow better with full quiver.
    I had to share the first 30yd practice group.......the third shot of which "IS NOT" average

Robin Hood No3-1.jpg
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You might want to start thinking about using pin nocks for your arrows RLW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    You might want to start thinking about using pin nocks for your arrows RLW.
    That is an issue with the Easton Microlite Super Nock I use. However, as it's only the 3rd time I've done that in the last 2 years (first past 20yds), I'm not too worried about destroying all my arrows.......still kind of a neat trophy item.
    This also took out 2 of my remaining 3 arrows from a 10yr old dozen, so now I have an excuse to get another fresh set.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Destroyer; 10-01-2011 at 10:40 PM.