Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Groups

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    This is the problem, too many on forums state they shoot a lot better. If they are so good then get into tournament shooting and make use of their talent.
    I hear you, But I am really in need of improvement, I will get there eventually.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta realise, a deers kill zone is roughly a 7 inch circle. The vast majority of deer are shot at 20 yards or less. Personally, I have only shot one deer at more than 28 yards, most have been around 23-25, one as close as 6 feet. As for target shooters, they are just nuts. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    one as close as 6 feet.
    No way I would hit one good that close, the 'buck fever' would hit me big time! Its bad enough just seeing a deer.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I thought I had missed. lol That was the very first buck I ever killed. I was about 8 feet up in a tree, and he walked right up to the base of the tree, then turned. His head was about 3-4 feet from my left foot when I shot. He ran, I saw the arrow stuck in the ground, and I knew I had missed. Watched him run about 30 yards, then drop. Was shaking so bad I nearly fell that 8 feet out of the tree. Was a nice little 8 pointer. 100-110 inches or so.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, here's another mini group picture from last nights broadhead tuning check.
    When doing this tuning I only do two shot groups, firing a broadhead (Wasp SST Hammer) first then the field point at......20...30...40...50 (my self imposed BH limit).......and work my way back to 20.
    Last 50yd picture attached. Previous 40yd BH shot was where the white foam crap is poking out just an inch to the right, and fld point was bottom edge of center orange dot.
    I was putting the broadheads closer to center during this session than my field points. Guess flinging a several dollar BH on my newest arrows down range must cause me to be slightly more focused on making good shots than a cheap fld point on the old ones.

50yd BH tune.JPG
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Man, very impressive groupings guys. I don't group anymore from close range, ie 20, 03 yards. At 120 bucks a dozen for arrows it doesn't pay. Not that I am that good by any means but even I get unlucy once in awhile. I've been shooting at 50 to 60 yards of late, not that I would ever take a shot at that distance but it's fun to see how accurate I can be. We have vitals hanging at different yardages kinda like a 3d course without the whole animal (to cheep for that, lol) did invest in a metal detector for the really bad misses, mostly mine! I'll get after it a couple weeks before the season starts, once again very nice groupings
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    I don't group anymore from close range, ie 20, 03 yards.
    Yeah, I wouldn't try grouping at 3 yards either, because it would be too expensive.LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

This is the problem, too many on forums state they shoot a lot better. If they are so good then get into tournament shooting and make use of their talent.
    So very true,AT has alot of that BS
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    His head was about 3-4 feet from my left foot when I shot
    Definitely no chance I would have shot well. I'm impressed mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    AT has alot of that BS
    Yes, so many potential world champions. And so many can group as good or better than the 1.57" X ring used in the Vegas shoot at 20 yards, even with hunting gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely no chance I would have shot well. I'm impressed mate!

Yes, so many potential world champions. And so many can group as good or better than the 1.57" X ring used in the Vegas shoot at 20 yards, even with hunting gear.
    Its all in the wrist. LOL! The keyboard is magical to say the least. The home of all serious Champions "QWERTY Academy of Archery Excellence" annually produces the best or more specifically "virtually the best."
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com