Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Groups

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    I mean they still shot great, just not great great.
    Regardless how you shoot on any given day the technique to shoot well still needs to be there. Some that have claimed to be shooting amazing groups had none.

How many of us have the desire to travel 100s or 1000s of miles, stay entire weekends in motels or hotels or even spend a week of more way from home?
    If I could shoot as well as some are claiming on forums it wouldn't stop me at all, I'd be a world champion.

Two that I shot with for many years. One did outstanding at local 3Ds. I know because back then I finished 2nd to him a lot. But he just didn't have it when hitting bigger shoots. The second also shot pretty dang good, whether spots or 3D, but tournament action had him not making a good showing.
    The next time you see them ask what their average at 30 yards is, would be interesting to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, guys and if any, girls, there a lot of good shooters, just that they are in back yards. Going head to head in competition is far different. I know a lot of dang good shooters, but once in the bigger shoots they paled a bit. I mean they still shot great, just not great great. Another thing about the "back yard" is it's their back yard. Same as for anyone in here. You probably do shoot good in your own back yard, but go to someone else's back yard and things are different.
    And to tournament shoot and make use of the talent? B.S. big time. How many of us have the desire to travel 100s or 1000s of miles, stay entire weekends in motels or hotels or even spend a week of more way from home? And you're paying this out of your pocket. Unless your in the Pro division you're not looking at enough money to pay for much at all. There only a hand full of Pros who are full time Pros - collect contract paychecks that are pretty hefty. Next, how many full time Pros make a living for any length of time? And what about after you're no longer able to collect that big pay check? The vast majority of Pros either have a job or have to find a job.

Two that I shot with for many years. One did outstanding at local 3Ds. I know because back then I finished 2nd to him a lot. But he just didn't have it when hitting bigger shoots. The second also shot pretty dang good, whether spots or 3D, but tournament action had him not making a good showing.

Think about this. These great big shoots. What's makes them big shoots? Contestants. 900 to over a 1000 show up and maybe 5 to 10 might get a sizable chunk of change. Others get chump change and the vast majority just go home. Yep, them pictures of winners holding up them big paychecks look great to us, but they don't tell the whole story.
    Good read tells it like it is,But there is always a bad apple in the bunch to bad though.

Post Thanks / Like

I shot spot for one season, most boring thing I have ever done. Some guys and gals love it, they are very good at it and their scores reflect it. I just couldn't wrap my head around it and my overall score at the end showed it. I have much more fun at a 3d shoot. I don't go there will the expectations of winning, just enjoying being outside shooting with friends. We usually have a friendly competition between ourselves, loser buys the beer when we get back. As Sonny mentioned about how far some of these shoots may be from where you live we drive about 240 miles round trip to go to these, one north of us and one to the south. Wish we had some closer but so far nothing in the works. By the way, you would be surprised some of the groups we get, I sometimes wonder if the idea is to break the other guys arrow. None of us will admit it lol. Great fun though.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's mine at 30
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice group NuttyNative!

What is the size of the yellow spot?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyNative View Post
    Here's mine at 30
    Are you sure you didnt just stick those arrows in there.............lol just kidding good groups,nice practise with a deer on the run like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Nice group NuttyNative!

What is the size of the yellow spot?
    Yellow circle is 2".
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

Good shooting NN
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Cool I can't shoot groups at 30 yards....

all my arrows would fit in the space of a dime thats why I use a 5 spot target, LOL!
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good shooting!NNative.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com