Thread: New shooter, Q about warranty

meesier42

Default New shooter, Q about warranty

Hi all, I am a new person looking to get into bowhunting, my dealer has pushed me towrads the Martin Bengal, and from everything I have read I think he may be right, Martin looks like a great company and the reviews that I can find are quite good. I am having reservation about the warranty, as I have read that Martin offers a "limited lifetime warranty" and some people are having issues getting service. Could someone explain what limited lifetime warranty means. I would hope that the riser, limbs, cams, and pretty much all the hardware that goes with it are covered. What isn't covered, other than strings? What are the time limits with the warranty?
    Last question, why can't I find this info on the website, I would think that I company like this would advertise there warranty upfront in bold letters.

Thanks all.

cdfirefighter1

good morning... i believe the limited part is in reference to time... and mainly the limbs.. Im not sure but i think the limbs are 4 or 5 years... the riser is life i think... I own a bengal and have had a martin before as well.. the customer service is top notch as martin is one of the best in this department... I have had warrenty work done twice and neeed parts for my bows and martin .. joel and jake to be specific were right there to take care of me fast and with no questions asked really... now for the bengal i have one and it is a real nice shooting bow esspecially for the price...it is accurate fast and after the shot is is dead in your hand.. mine had a little string twang but i added an sts and that is all gone now.. I love my bengal and im sure if you get one you will be happy as well.. mark

cdfirefighter1

I just read on another forum that the limb warrenty was 10 years to original owner...

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the scoop as well as I can remember. The bow riser, cams, limbs and bearings are warranted 100% for 10 years. Then pro-rated at 50% of retail for remainder of whatever is considered lifetime. Strings/cables are not covered as these are considered normal "wear and tear" items as is the finish on the bow.

Now I'd say if any part of a bow lasts ten years then I've gotten all the use I cn reasonably expect. By that time it's better to upgrade anyway.

slayer69

Well said. Amen!!!!

meesier42

Thanks for the info guys, I ordered the Bengal Kit today from the local pro shop. They have a Bengal in stock but not the factory kit, should be in late next week, can't wait to shoot it. Great price too, I have heard great things about the price on this bow, but still the kit was much less than I was expecting. But now I have 2 more questions about this bow,

1) why doesn't it have the Limbsavers on the limbs?? Doesn't need them, or just not on the factory setup, ie will adding them be beneficial?

2) How often should I expect to replace the string/cables, or are there noticable wear signs that I should look for?

mysnake12

Glad to hear we have a new guy on the block...archery that is!!! I think most of the guys are pretty close or right on, on the warranty thing, but I am sure a quick call to Martin will get you the exact answers you are looking for, O.K., just call!! (for what it is worth however, you couldn't be getting involved with a more reputable company then Martin...heck, I never have had to call for service on the major parts...take care of your equipment like they tell you and you will never either...knock on wood.... have a problem)

As for string and cable wear...that depends on how much you shoot or tear it through the ruffness of wilderness hunting ect...wax often K?...check for broken strainds often...and replace if that happens!!! Pretty simple, huh?

Know for that whole Limbsaver thing...well, shoot it...if it vibrates or makes noise...then try the Limbsaver's...don't waste the money if you don't have to!!! Martin brags on the quiteness of there bows!!!! However, you are going to read my signature and ask "why does this guy pack it all in on the sims line of junk?" And I will tell you this simply, Sims does work and they make any bow better and quiter no matter how great they where in the first place!!! That is no bull and I am not a salesman for them, wished I was, there getting all this free advertisement for nothing...ha ha If you got the money though and really want Limbsavers, get the Sims "Mini-Extreme system" that is what made them famous and they really are the best compenant that Sims has to offer for your bow!!!!

whitetails4me

Smile just got my new bengal

after having a fred bear instinct for 2 months with nothing but problems i am the proud owner of a new bengal. i like the bow, this is my 3rd martin bow, but when i shot it at the shop i didn't notice any noise, now that i've had it a few days and have had an opportunity to fire about 50-60 arrows through it, it is noisy. everthing seems fine with the bow but if i can hear the noise, i'm sure a deer will. anybody have any suggestions as to how to get rid of the nosie. limbsavers? an sts? actually up until today i hadn't heard of an sts. where can i get one and will it definitely help? or am i wasting my money. i would assume maybe the limbsavers would help. anybody have any suggestion as to arrow weight? i'm shooting gold tip xt hunters 55/75's w/100 grain tips. they weigh approx.380 gn. i want speed but i also don't want to go too light.

07 bengal,68# 28"dl
    sims s coil stabilizer
    extreme archery .19 4 pin sight

eelriver

Thumbs up Can't go wrong with a Martin

I have to echo the other guys.....I bought a Cheetah 10 yrs ago and replaced it this January with a Bengal. It was $300.00 less than the Mathew Drenlin and shot the same to me. (10-12 fps less) As a hunter I couldn't justify the extra money for 10 fps. There isn't such a thing as "dead and deader". The Martin tech staff has always been good to work with and I have not had a warranty issue with the Cheetah in 10 years.

Regarding the limb saver. I had them on the old bow because it needed them! My 97' Cheetha was a noisy bow compared to today, which is one reason I retired it. Since I already had them; I transfered them to the new Bengal. To be honest, I can't tell any difference with/without them. I left them on only because I figured it can't hurt........