Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anyone Bowfish?

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default does anyone Bowfish?

I've been fishing the last few days w hardly a nibble,but the huge carp hittin the surface just a few feet from me have got my interests in bowfishing peaked. I've given it a though before,but am seriously considering it now. I still love my bow more than my fishing pole so why not make the most of it? Oh, I did pack the Cheetah along on my fishing trip the other night...just in case. A group of 4 coons sniffed out my cut bait and though they were gonna sneak up in the dark and get some. They changed their mind when the leader of the pack got a slick trick in the throat. Woo hoo!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

i would lie to bow fish,but in oregon the only place a guy can bowfish is in the bay and i never see fish on top of the watter unless there attached to my fishing pool

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    the only place a guy can bowfish is in the bay
    Similar to here and we have lots of carp that are damaging the creeks and rivers. I would love to stick a few.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to bowfish every summer, but haven't in years. Got alot of carp and gar in the rivers around here that are just begging for it though. Best shot ever was a 5 foot gar. That one took some time to get in. lol
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

a 5ft gar would be tough,but fun. What kind of set-up did you have? I'm not sure what to go with. A drum spool,AMS retriever reel,or a regular fishing reel.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I've made a bowfishing kit a year ago, but am too lazy for the actual bowfishing
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

alex,got pics? I'm all for making my own. Details would be great! Or just send me your kit since you aint usin it. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

I started out with a drum spool, but changed over to a Zebco 808 reel. It worked much better for me. For whatever reason, the drum spool kept causing me line problems. I do not recommend bowfishing with a fast shooting bow though. Something with more moderate speed allows the line to come off cleaner. Been thinking about turning my '08 Rytera into a bowfishing rig.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    alex,got pics? I'm all for making my own. Details would be great! Or just send me your kit since you aint usin it. Lol
    It's not good enough to send it across half the planet, but here's a link to a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGHBoQU_a7I
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anybody bowfish???go for it. lol

Saw these two off Cape Cod last year...Go for it Hawg ! Nikon pics 289.jpg
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!