Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kisser button

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kisser button

How many of you use a kisser button or something of the sort? I learned with one, and then took it off, and now went back to just a nock point. I tried to teach my son without one but his groups were so wide. I put a nock point on his and his groups came in nicely. His JOAD coaches say its a crutch, so we pointed out the kisser button on Rio Wildes string.
    mean people suck!
    '08 Slayer Extreme Supermag Nitrious X c

Post Thanks / Like

I've never used a kisser button or anything like it, but I know several guys that do. They all swear by them. Most are compound shooters, but 2 are traditional archers.
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I used a kisser for a while, but one time it came flying off the string. Well you get the picture I haven't gone back.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have kissers on all my bows. I feel they help me to repeat my anchor and aiming alignment. Just one more edge up in a world of so many little issues. Some of my hunting buds shoot with and some without...more with.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

i used to shoot one in the old days, then went without once i think i bought my single cam rage in '98 or'99. i think the faster bows were too likely to rip your mouth appart and with the use of peep sights the need felt less likely. But just recently a fellow who helped me time bow was concerned about my release anchor point tied a small ball of serving in place of the kisser and i feel more confident with it. i have always felt the more anchor points the better you will shoot
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't use one. I put the tip of my nose on the string so that is an extra anchor point like the kisser I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I used a kisser for a while, but one time it came flying off the string. Well you get the picture I haven't gone back.

Hutch
    You can put a nock point clip over the kisser to keep it on the string. Mine never pop off. I have always used a kisser. it helps me stay consistent and line up every shot right. Many guys don't use it, but the bottom line is to make sure one is consistently anchoring at the same spot every time. The kisser gives me the confidence to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some friends that use them at archery events but that's it, their hunting bows don't have one on it. Tryed one of my friends bows with one on it, but our sight windows are different so it didn't work for me. Don't think I could use one either way.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I shot w/o a kisser while I was shooting my strings in. Could not group like I wanted so I put it back on. If it aint broke,dont fix it,i guess.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

My point is that if it helps you shoot better, use it. My sons coach calling it crutch might be right if you are working on your form. But when you think about it, isnt a release, peep, sights, a rest and even let off all crutches?
    mean people suck!
    '08 Slayer Extreme Supermag Nitrious X c