Thread: Where did the string and cable lengths go?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where did the string and cable lengths go?

I have a buddy with a 97 Fury and he's looking for string and cable lengths. I know that Martin used to offer that information on this website, but I can't seem to find the charts. The charts on the Martin website show the cam sizes and limb deflection numbers, but there are no string or cable lengths...

Anyone know where I can find such information? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I should have them

Quote Originally Posted by cherryju1ce View Post
    I have a buddy with a 97 Fury and he's looking for string and cable lengths. I know that Martin used to offer that information on this website, but I can't seem to find the charts. The charts on the Martin website show the cam sizes and limb deflection numbers, but there are no string or cable lengths...

Anyone know where I can find such information? Thanks.

Nick -

I have most of the old charts printed out in notebook I keep with the specs for all my bows. I will look tonight and let you know.

Darren
    Martin/Rytera Silver Staff Shooter - current arsenal 2011 Rytera Alien Z; 2010 Martin ShadowCat converted to NosX; 2007 Martin Pantera; 2005 Martin Cougar 3; 1999 Martin Fury (2); 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, oh and a PSE Sierra Hunter Recurve (anybody got a 50# Martin Aurora so I can get this PSE outahere ???)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgmeadows View Post
    Nick -

I have most of the old charts printed out in notebook I keep with the specs for all my bows. I will look tonight and let you know.

Darren
    You're the man, Darren. If I remember correctly, the Fury has the same axle to axle length as the Cougar with the standard 16" limbs so the string and cable lengths will be the same. If that's the case, I believe the cables should be 41" and the string should be 53" for the #1 cam...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got 'em

Nick -

The 1997 chart for Fury cams says 53 1/2" on the string and 41" on the cables for the "standard" limbs (i.e., not XRG)

In fact, all of the Fury cam charts I have up through the Cougar 2000 model give those same string and cable specs for the Fury #1 cam.

PM me your e-mail and I will scan a copy of the chart to you.

Darren
    Martin/Rytera Silver Staff Shooter - current arsenal 2011 Rytera Alien Z; 2010 Martin ShadowCat converted to NosX; 2007 Martin Pantera; 2005 Martin Cougar 3; 1999 Martin Fury (2); 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, oh and a PSE Sierra Hunter Recurve (anybody got a 50# Martin Aurora so I can get this PSE outahere ???)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Could you post a copy here Darren?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks like no...

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Could you post a copy here Darren?
    It appears that the file is too large to attach here. Since it is a .pdf and not a picture type file, I don't have a ready means to reduce it.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb This should be the place where these files are archived.

As a sticky all the available old and new spec files should be located on this forum. This info would be a definite asset to the efficiency of this forum. Just my humble opinion.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com