Thread: Winn free flight release

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winn free flight release

the velcro is letting loose and last night i didn't catch it at about 2/3 draw the release released itself from my hand and clobbered my arm and rest(which i did not figure out till later). the next arrow flew high and ended up in a steel door still trying to figure out what happened after retrieving the arrow out of the door(the tips are slightly larger than the arrow now inspecting my bow and noticed the rest was bent all out of shape, with no idea what had happened. thought something happened while i was gone, but later realized the release hit it that hard.

So does anyone know of a buckle strap to work with the winn? never liked velcro, but very fond of the release. the second one i have owned been shooting one for probably 15 years
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Post Thanks / Like

wow thats no good.i have allway had the thought in the back of my head that my velcro my come loose.so i hold the straight saft on my release when i draw just for that reson.i dont know of a strap you could use.sorry to here about that

Post Thanks / Like

I have a velcro strap on my release, and I hate it. I plan to see if my mother, who does a lot of sewing, would be able to sew the release to a buckle strap. I was thinking about going to the pet store and getting a dog collar (nylon) that would fit around my wrist, and then cutting the velcro release and sewing the release to the dog collar. I just have to see if her machine could handle that type of material. If I get it finished, I'll post some photos.
    2012 Alien X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If not you could hand sew it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cant add anything to the question but just that I have the same release myself, dont like the velcro and dont like the way the release head is in the way for opening gates, grabbing things etc, but just the same I wouldnt change from it as because I am a finger shooter, barebow, with my target bow it is the closest release to fingers I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob29 View Post
    Cant add anything to the question but just that I have the same release myself, dont like the velcro and dont like the way the release head is in the way for opening gates, grabbing things etc, but just the same I wouldnt change from it as because I am a finger shooter, barebow, with my target bow it is the closest release to fingers I've seen.
    trust me iknow. like climbing trees pulling arrows etc, buts its the only one i feel comfortable shooting. just looking for a replacement glove w/ a buckle

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny,
    overlaps to act like a buckle? i trimmed about an inch or more of extra strap last tear cuz the velcro kept grabbing my jacket and stuff. is it designed to be too long?