Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Martin Threshold

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Martin Threshold

Hello everyone. I thought I would share my bow with the community. I've read through a few of the threads, and I'm seeing a general theme that not a lot of people know too much about them.

First of, I'm a thirty something father of two. I used to shoot every weekend for about 8 yrs straight in a league way back in the mid 80's to early 90's. I left shooting for quite some time, but through good fortune I've been able to pick it up again. I bought the Threshold because I'm also busy working hard to support my wife and two little girls. I gave myself a budget for a reason. I didn't want a used bow, and honestly man has been shooting arrows from bows for a very long time. I know how accurate my bow was back then (it was an old XI warhawk), so I figured I could be just as accurate with this.

I plan on shooting it soon. I've said that know for 7 months, but I have a busy work schedule. I'll post some pics of it now. Everything on the bow is stock except for the added stabilizer and sling which were bought direct from Martin website. Oh, and the silencers, but that's just me liking old school bows. I'll update this thread after I get out, and share the experience with you all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum,looks like a nice bow not to familiar with them myself but looks like it will kill a deer or target bag just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Auto,Looks good to me and the price is right on them.Enjoy your new rig.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum,hope you get a chance to get out and do some shooting soon.it too much fun.enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

I'll have to pull the old bow out of storage and take a few pictures of it. I actually pulled the bow out, and shot it about 2 months ago. Over the years my body has changed, so the peep was out, and so was my shot! It did renew a long lost love of shooting. I own other things like pistols and rifles, but I love archery the most. It's a somewhat affordable sport, and I'm hoping to join the IWL soon. They have a nice indoor and outdoor range with 3-d during the season. Couple that with rifle, pistol ranges it sounds like a good place to be. Again, I'll update soon.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome automated, I Like the bow, I think it will do fine for killing deer or target

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up the bow

welkies to the froum auto , nice bow fer sure get goin and shoot that dang thing see if yer any good lol kiddin good luc

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bow automated. She will perform well, 300+ fps in the hands of a archer fresh out of a temporary retirement from shooting. Sounds like the fun is about to begin. Welcome to the forum and glad you decided to shake the dust off.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum. There was another thread not long ago bout the Threshold. I think we came to the conclusion that it was a longer AtA Jaguar( Jag 32",Threshold 35") so have fun smokin critters with it. A smooth bow for the price.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the forum, nice showing! I have a few friends that I've tried to get into archery, and have told them about the Threshold package deal. I figure its a great set for someone on a budget or not sure how far into the sport they want to get. I'm sure you'll find that its just as deadly accurate as the bows of yester-year. I haven't had the pleasure of shooting one, so once you've got some time spent behind it's sights, be sure to post up a review; I'm sure there's plenty of us that would love to hear it!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps