Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: serving

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    k guys its at the yoke end of the cable from the top wheel i was wax- in it and it pulled down , i just twisted back up , it was the same way when i got the bow back from martin the last time,AND YES HUTCH I WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH U SOON lol ,i am going to need new stuff, i did super glue it last year and its held till yesterday huntins come- in up soon and , me thinks i should get new strings n cables bows a old bogger but it shoots good ,btw i think i need new arrows yep
    Get the strings soon enough that you will be able to re-tune the bow in time for the season.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

doesn't anybody use duct tape for these problems?

i bought the bohning serving kit and if you follow the enclosed video you can do your own repairs...it does however take some practice.

Post Thanks / Like

there are also lots of videos on serving on youtube. It's pretty cool being able to diy, and not as hard as you'd think.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up tape?

sorry Carlos i used the last of the duct tape on a hole in my tent i guess its a trip to the depot!!!!! LOL REALLY DOSE TAPE FIX IT ? ur kiddin right ? the next segment of super glue r us will be telecast 8 2 11 mean while i am gluein it and shootin taday!!!!!!!NEWS AT 11

Post Thanks / Like

Yopu have to be careful with the use of superglues on strings. It can destroy the strands. Best bet is to get some serving and a serving jig and DIY. The materials will last a long time and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that you can, in time, become self sufficient. The more you learn about the workings of your bow the more you'll learn to spot little problems before they become big problems.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver