Thread: Getting brave!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting brave!

So when i got my bow back i noticed that i had a bit of idler wheel lean. It was actually severing the serving from rubbing on my idler wheel. So i
    loosened the limbs 2x each limb back and forth until i could take one of the the strings and twist it 3 times to pull the string off the idler wheel. Well its better than what it was so thats one step further for me on working on my own bow!
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff. Its a bit scary at first but after a bit more experience you'll wonder why you never tried before. After a lot of experience you'll be sick of it and want somenoe else to do it!

Bit of advice on idler lean, don't try to get it perfect, close is good. Too many twists in the yoke and it will put twist into the limbs and you know what can happen next.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Stay Brave...

More agility in maintaining and servicing your own bow translates into more knowledge and confidence at the moment of truth be it on the line or in the field.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    More agility in maintaining and servicing your own bow translates into more knowledge and confidence at the moment of truth be it on the line or in the field.
    The end result is more money in your pocket and the job is done right!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up True That!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    The end result is more money in your pocket and the job is done right!

Hutch
    X2+ For Sure!!!
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats BGH,
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Good stuff. Its a bit scary at first but after a bit more experience you'll wonder why you never tried before. After a lot of experience you'll be sick of it and want somenoe else to do it!

Bit of advice on idler lean, don't try to get it perfect, close is good. Too many twists in the yoke and it will put twist into the limbs and you know what can happen next.
    Think it was only like two or 3 twists. its not perfect but its alot better that what it was to begin with.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis. 63lbs/29dl 292 fps 384gr arrow. Sword 6 pin sight

Post Thanks / Like

good to hear your doing your own work.nothing better then then fixing your bow and knowing you did a good job on your own.nice work

Post Thanks / Like

You've come the right forum to learn how to work on your Martin. I got my 1st compound through the AT Classifieds, and when it arrived at my home, my Slayer ( top of the list ) needed a new string , top cam had a ding that was chewing the serving up, and had severe cam lean. The guys here calmed me down and then led me throught the repairs. Because I lived 2 hours from the nearest shop at the time, and needed a rest, a release, a peep, and a sight, I bit the bullet as it where and took that two hour drive there and two hours back home. Picked up a Bowmaster bow press while there. Following the advise given me here, I had the cam repaired, string on, peep installed, and cam lean eliminated by the next afternoon. And now would'nt concider letting anyone else work on my bows, well other than Elkslayer, but I personally trained him. For those who don't know us, ES in my son.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade