Thread: IDIOTS not trying to buy a bow !!!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default IDIOTS not trying to buy a bow !!!

Is it just me or are there more idiots on AT p!$$!ng people off trying to sell a bow? I look around sometimes just to see what deals may be out there and it seems there are some real morons that don't have a clue. The guy says no trades and 2 replys under that is some fool asking if he is interested in a trade! I see this over and over. Then you get some real genius that will ask WHAT IS THE LOWEST YOU WILL GO !! Come on, give me a break. I know some people are new and not sure about what they are doing but common sence should tell you something is wrong. These people are the ones that ruin things for those who are really looking to buy a bow. Props to the people selling on there that can put up with the IDIOTS.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

My other main interest is horses. If you think people buying bows are stupid, you would not believe the things people say and do when selling and buying horses.

Some of the sellers make used car salesmen look like saints, and some people buying seem to have a lot less going on upstairs than the horses they are trying to buy.

There is a phrase over here: There's nowt so queer as folk.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    There's nowt so queer as folk.
    Lol! So true, great saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hard to do...

I am comfortable with most all of the aspects of doing business on Ebay, as I have been on there buying and selling for just over ten years now and have a 100% positive feedback rating my account is ")m(asterpeace" if you need to check my veracity. I have never been impressed with the process on AT enough to get involved. There doesn't appear to be the same safeguards in place.

I am not knocking it for those that chose to use it, it just doesn't do it for me. I enjoy AT for most everything else it has to offer but I stay away from the classified. I received a negative feed back the first time I tried to buy something because the seller assumed my questions were a firm commitment to buy and I didn't answer his pm's for two days. Sheesh. That really tanked it for me.

I have a stay away policy for AT Classifieds personally.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

You are right Peace, there are NO safeguards on AT classifieds.

When I bought my first Shadowcat (having bought bows from AT previously), only to find a cam module bent and the STS missing, I sent the seller a couple of PM's and e-mails and got no response. I then contacted the mods. They did what they could, but I never heard back from the seller, so just chalked that one up to experience.

The problem for me with ebay.com, is that the number of sellers prepared to ship to the UK is pretty limited and also the shipping costs from those that will are often excessive; it really doesn't cost $24 to send 100 fletchings to the UK, honest.

As with any buying that is done unseen, buyer beware.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

see alot of good deals on AT for bows,but so scared to get burned
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    there are NO safeguards on AT classifieds.
    That is wrong, PayPal protects you...........oh wait they don't.