Thread: Help to identify my cams?

Unregistered

Question Help to identify my cams?

Hello ... I am new to target archery and am having trouble setting up my draw length and weight on the bow I purchased thru a fellow on Archery Talk. I have a Martin Phantom, maybe from 2001 or 2002? The specs he listed that his wife shot at should have been darn close but when he shipped it he tightened the limbs all the way and there is no info written on the specs sticker to go by for peak weight, draw or anything else. Any how, the first thing I need to do is find out what the specs for the cams are to decide if I need new ones to meet my draw length, right now it is very short. The only markings on the cams are 000HL. The local archery shop has been very helpfull but they cant seem to get the length right for me and keep the draw weight in check. Any info you all can provide will be great.

Thanks All !!

dgmeadows

Default Fury Cams

You very likely have Fury cams. Per this chart (link attached)

http://www.martinarchery.com/chart/2...am-string.html

OOOHL cams would give you 24" draw on a Phantom with straight limbs, or 25" draw on a Phantom with XRG/Elite recurved limbs. The chart also provides the correct string & cable lengths.

Fury cams are draw length specific. You can tweak them a little bit by string twisting, but you are really within ~ 3/4" range with them. If your shop is putting on a longer string, you are not going to have much success, but you will experience the higher draw weight, and throw the bow out of tune.

If the above draw lengths (depending on the limb type) is not what you need, consult the chart to see what size cams you do need.

I know someone who was looking for OOOHL cams and had some OOHL cams to trade. I have some surplus Fury cams, but they are generally much longer - size 3 & 4.

Send me a Private Message if you need any more info. I don't always check this page everyday.

Darren