Thread: Help the new guy

Natural

Default Help the new guy

hi everyone, i just got started last week with my new martin jaguar and i'm sure i made the right choice, any advice for beginners is greatly appreciated (shooting or tech) so anybody that wants to answer all those silly new guy questions in advance go right ahead so i dont start posting three times a day like a jerk
    also the coiled wrap around my cable has stretched and it looks like a barber pole where it makes contact with the dyna cam module and appears a little smashed it still seems sturdy but is this cause for concern since i've only been shooting about four days?

mysnake12

If you are referring to your end serving on your cable? I think you better either replace the cable or have a professional reserve it before it comes completely apart...for what it is worth, after such a short time of shooting, I would say that is very rare...probably had a bad serving finish from the beginning. Anyways, I would definitely hit your pro-shop and get that fixed. Yeah, be a little concerned!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

As for the string, take the bow back. It probably is a poor serving job, although Martin usually does a better job of this. Is it normal? Absolutely not, but it is common with many single cam bows because of the sharp roll-over of the module.

Advice for learning? Hang around the shop some if you have the time and the owner doesn't mind. Watch and listen. Ask questions.
    If there is one around then join a local club. Shoot indoors. Shoot outdoors. Shoot 3D. In other words, hang around a club and watch and learn from more seasoned shooter, especially the ones with target equipment. Ask questions, make new friends, and possibly find a coach that will take you under his wing. A coach might be just another good shooter, but any and all help can be had.

Don't be intimidated or shy about your lack of experience. We were all there at some time in our careers. And don't forget that this is supposed to be fun.

cdfirefighter1

I had the same serving problem with my bengal after about 200 shots... Im just replacing my string and cable with a set from bucknasty and having my pro shop reserve my stock string for a back-up...

Post Thanks / Like

also you should join archerytalk.com
    most on there are willing to help and offer many different opinions
    ________
    vaporizer reviews
    Last edited by Dropzone2006; 01-20-2011 at 12:25 PM.