Thread: Please explain the cam differances

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please explain the cam differances

Im looking at buying a new bow . The Martin Silencer and the Rytera Alien X.
    The Martin uses the Hybrid 2.0 and the Alien is available with the Hybrix and the Trance cam.
    As simply as possible whats the differances andadvantages of them. Would I lose any noticeable performance with the Trance cam.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

well, if I'm not mistaken, the cams are very similar in design to the cams on the 2011 martins, so the nitrous 2.0 and the hybrix are alot alike, but the hybrix are more of a skeleton design. The Trance cam is the single cam similar to the accutrak. The speeds and performance listed for the Alien X are with the hybrix system, which is dual cam. If I am wrong, someone please jump in here
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    well, if I'm not mistaken, the cams are very similar in design to the cams on the 2011 martins, so the nitrous 2.0 and the hybrix are alot alike, but the hybrix are more of a skeleton design. The Trance cam is the single cam similar to the accutrak. The speeds and performance listed for the Alien X are with the hybrix system, which is dual cam. If I am wrong, someone please jump in here
    You are correct. The Accutrak and the Tranz single cam are the same.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Kinda what I thought, just wondered what the speed loss would be with the trance cam.
    Like the single cam feel but want to speed up from my 09 Bengal
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Forum Mike.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    Thats Nitro 2.0, Nitrous was a differnt cam, discontinued in 2007, just sayin.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

The Tranz/AcuTrak single cam will be a good 20 fps slower than the Hybrix/Nitro cams, given the same DW and DL. The single cam is a little smoother draw, but it'll cost you some speed.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

The Nitro 2 cams are very easy to live with, in comparison to most other binary and hybrid cams. They are smoother and have less 'grab' than the 1.5 cams.

If you are looking for speed and smoothness, I'd try the Nitro 2 option and see what you think.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    The Tranz/AcuTrak single cam will be a good 20 fps slower than the Hybrix/Nitro cams, given the same DW and DL. The single cam is a little smoother draw, but it'll cost you some speed.
    You're getting some good info here and in the other posts. I've had virtually the same bow with the two different cam styles and the single cam needs to be shot at about 8# more draw weight to equal the performance of the dual (binary) cam, asuming the same draw length and same arrow. So when comparing the two styles don't compare them at the same weight. Compare them at the same performance level (speed) and then see how the draw cycles compare.

Don't get caught up in having to shoot a certain poundage. It's just a number that satisfies our egos. Look for a certain performance level. If you can get it with 7# to 8# less draw weight then why draw more weight. I don't care how smooth a cam draws. If the bow is set for a given draw weight you still have to roll that cam over the peak weight.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe I should go up a weight then

Wished I had gottten my Bengal in 80 . Always looking for more ,got it in a 70 and it pulls so easy I felt shorted .Could have went up a performance level.
    Just how I am if it was legal Id hunt with an 8 guage IF the weight and recoil could made managable.
    Looks like the Alien x does that.
    Mike