Thread: Finger shooting 3D. Which classes?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finger shooting 3D. Which classes?

I have asked this question elsewhere, and not really got a decent answer. I have also looked through IBO and ASA rules, but I'm still not certain, so I thought a question here might do the trick.

I am considering a trip to the US next summer to take part in some 3D shoots. Primarily I'd like to head to the IBO Worlds or the ASA Classic, I don't mind which, as I will only be shooting for the fun of it (if I can get an entry), but, which classes could I shoot in?

I shoot fingers with a five pin sight. My stab is around 12 to 14", but I could easily make it less than 12", as really it's used more as a 3rd leg when the bow is not in use.
    Over here I shoot out to past 60 yards, so I'd prefer not to be restricted to 40 yard max, and I never use bino's, as they are not allowed in the assoc I shoot in.
    Oh, and I am a teeny tiny bit more than 50 years old...not that I care to admit (or act) it.

To make the trip worthwhile, I am planning on a 10 to 14 day stay and if I could combine a week at a big shoot with an R100 or better still some club shoots, then that would be just perfect, throw in a little horse riding and I would be in heaven.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sonny; I definitely want to shoot up, 30 yards and known distances would not be very much of a challenge at all, plus, as I have been competing over here since 2005, it would not be very fair on my part.

I am going to give it a few weeks and then will contact ASA and IBO (again). I am starting to favour IBO, as I could spend almost a whole week at the Worlds, plus it is theoretically possible to qualify overseas, although I have yet to find out how.
    Dedicated Finger Shooter.

Shadowcat(s) with Barnsdale limbs: Davis The System, Free Flyte rest.