Thread: spec 06 slayr

candyman2337

Default spec 06 slayr

i have an 06 slayr extreme se 14" limbs nitrous 'c' cams and i was wondering what the manufacturers specs were for ata and brace height

Post Thanks / Like

With 14" limbs and "C" cam the A2A should be about 37 3/4" and brace height at 6 1/2" (give or take a little on both measurements).

candyman2337

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    With 14" limbs and "C" cam the A2A should be about 37 3/4" and brace height at 6 1/2" (give or take a little on both measurements).

i put new strings on a slayr and didnt meausre the ata and BH and ive got 38 1/4" ata and pretty close to 7" BH... 'is this a bit to much give or take'

Post Thanks / Like

Are you taking the measurements with the limbs bottomed. That's how the factory does it. The brace height sounds high for a Slayer, and A2A sounds a bit long. Maybe you need to twist up the rigging. How's the bow poundage? And how's the cam orientation?

The lobes of the cam should be fairly parallel with the string. If the weight is low then you may have to twist up the cables. If so be prepared that the draw length will get longer. That's what the module is for on the cam (draw length adjustment).

Before we get too far, just what cam (s) are on the bow? Nitrous I hope. And what size cam? Look on the side to see if it's an A, B, or C base cam.

Now if it has the MPro cam on it then disregard anything I have said. I haven't seen one of those critters so can't compare.

Push comes to shove you can get on www.archerytalk.com and PM JoelC. He's a Martin employee and really has the good on all these bows.

candyman2337

im not too sure what you mean by having the limbs 'bottomed' so i attached a pic of where i measured from...i also attached a pic of where i measured my brace from.. and the cams are NITROUS 'C' and the cam orientation does look good...it also seems that my draw length has got longer since the new stings have been put on but they do look like they are twisted pretty good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Myk

Limbs bottomed means having the weight turned up as high as it will go.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, you're taking the measurements correctly. I'm not quite certain about the draw length though. Could be that the rigging needs twisted up to bring the A2A in a little. Probably need more in the string to bring the draw length in for you, BUT.....

Did you weigh the bow. If the draw weight is light with the limbs bottomed then I'd twist up the cables and string to bring the bow into specs, keeping the cam orientation close to what it is now. Then just use the module to get the draw length where you want it.

That's one of the nice things about having a rotating module. You can twist the string or cables while trying to maximize the performance and then play with the module for draw length.