Thread: Marks on Nitrous X modules

remodlr

Question Marks on Nitrous X modules

Hi folks,
    I was just looking at the markings on the X modules and figured that the HL means high-letoff, but the TX and BX is what puzzled me. Do they mean X-module top and bottom? If so, does it matter if they're reversed on my bow?
    The mod on the bottom limb says T and the top-B. Are they identical castings except for the marks??
    Thanks for any responses

Myk

Quote Originally Posted by remodlr View Post
    Hi folks,
    I was just looking at the markings on the X modules and figured that the HL means high-letoff, but the TX and BX is what puzzled me. Do they mean X-module top and bottom? If so, does it matter if they're reversed on my bow?
    The mod on the bottom limb says T and the top-B. Are they identical castings except for the marks??
    Thanks for any responses
    That's what they mean, I have no idea if it matters.

When I put mine together I didn't read that part. Amazingly with a 50/50 chance I got it right.

Post Thanks / Like

You have the designation figuredout OK. My guess is that you just have the modules reversed on the cam. Assuming you are right handed the X-mod should be on the left side of the cam as you hold the bow.

At any rate, if you can draw the bow and have a good draw cycle it's not worth messing around to change them. So long as you know what you did it's no big deal.

LeEarl

T means top and B means bottom. If you are not shooting the X cams you have to have the mods on the correct cam or they will not be correct side of the cam. The X cams can be on either top or bottom because of the cable on both sides of the cam. If you switched the mod from top to bottom on a standard cam you would make it a left handed bow

remodlr

Thank All for the replies. That makes sense as the bow is set up for left hand shootin.