Thread: older cougar?

Gir

Default older cougar?

Hiya, I just received a bow I had purchased on ebay. It is in truly perfect condition but I have a question on the model and year. I was told it is a Cougar and does have cougars on all the wood inlays. What puzzles me is that printed largely on the limbs is MAVERICK X. When I get home I can post the serial number and some pictures. In appearance it is nearly identical to a 1997 prowler, cams are different though. Thanks for any help.

Gir

Default oops

I was incorrect earlier, it says Maverick 3D on the limbs of the bow. Serial number is 5053013 with a small x under the last #3. Thanks for any insight about this bow. Pics will follow as soon as I shrink them.

Gir

Default ok got em

Here are the pictures of the bow and the ID tag. Also if anyone happens to know how to contact the Brian Cunningham who it says built it my g/f would love to say thanks for this fine bow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gir

Just bumping it up in case someone on now can help identify it.

Myk

Juding by the serial number I would guess it's a '95 bow or a '96 bow that was made in '95. I don't know how the numbers went for the '80s but that's how my '90s Martin is.

I would also believe the limbs especially since it still has the tag on it.
    I don't know anything about the Maverick.

I think those are Zcams. (But I tend to think everything I don't know for sure is a Zcam )

Gir

Hey, thanks much! We just got it all adjusted and tuned today. Shoots great even at it's advanced age lol.