Thread: Fury Cams

remolino

Question Fury Cams

I have a Couger Elite with Fury cams. I recently found out the shooting string was too short and made one the correct length.

However, replotting the the graph for draw length against weight, the graph shape has changed. Originally, with the short string the graph looked like a medium cam but with the correct length string the graph now tends to look like a hard cam setup.

Does anyone know if the Fury cams are medium or hard cams with regard to the arrow spine charts?

Thanks,

Myk

Quote Originally Posted by remolino View Post
    I have a Couger Elite with Fury cams. I recently found out the shooting string was too short and made one the correct length.

However, replotting the the graph for draw length against weight, the graph shape has changed. Originally, with the short string the graph looked like a medium cam but with the correct length string the graph now tends to look like a hard cam setup.

Does anyone know if the Fury cams are medium or hard cams with regard to the arrow spine charts?

Thanks,
    Fury was their speed cam at that time so I would say hard.

But wasn't that bow a shoot through? If it was they seem to not be overly picky about spine. I guess because of no cable guard torque, lateral string movement from cam lean and level nock travel of cams that are in synch.
    Last edited by Myk; 04-01-2007 at 07:05 PM.

remolino

Thumbs up

Hi,

My bow does not have a shoot through system, just the regular string and cables.
    The arrows appear to still be good for the bow although I have not had the chance to retune the bow yet.

My question, apart from wanting to know, really concerns if I have to change my arrows now if they won't tune or later when a new set is needed, that I get the right spine rating.

Thank you for your help.