Thread: bengal ata

smarpo

Question bengal ata

I have an unusual question. I have a martin bengal with nitrous cams. The standard bengal with the m-pro cams claims a 32" ata with an IBO of 310fps. My bengal with the original strings had an ata of 33". My dealer made a custom set of strings for me that brought my ata down to 32 3/4". I gained 10fps but only 2 lbs draw weight. My question is since the bengal was designed for 32" ata would that make the limbs their most efficient ant that ata? It seems to me I gained quite a bit of speed with little draw weight chage. Since this is a custom bow I would think getting shorter strings[all three] to bring the ata down to 32" would gain me even more speed without the poundage going way up. Any thoughts?

dgmeadows

Default Worth a shot...

But you shouldn't need to get all new strings to try it. When you are that close, just put the bow in a press (or back out the bolts enough) and twist the cables down until you get 32" (or closer, at least.) Then, twist the string down enough to get the cams back into optimal alignment. When twisting the cables though, you will need to check your cam rollover timing after the adjustments, and you may need to twist one or the other a bit more to get the rollowver timing right.

Your manual (or the one you can download here) will show you how to time the cams and the correct alignment for the cams at rest.

Best o luck to ya,

Darren

smarpo

Thanks for the reply, I thought about trying twisting the cable snd see how much it helps, but like you said I would have to make sure my timing is right and I've got it perfect now so I'm going to wait unti my strings settle in and then might try it when I do my final adjustments. The dealer that made the strings said I could put up to 20 twists in his strings with no problem. His strings are twisted befor he serves them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default manual

Quote Originally Posted by dgmeadows View Post
    But you shouldn't need to get all new strings to try it. When you are that close, just put the bow in a press (or back out the bolts enough) and twist the cables down until you get 32" (or closer, at least.) Then, twist the string down enough to get the cams back into optimal alignment. When twisting the cables though, you will need to check your cam rollover timing after the adjustments, and you may need to twist one or the other a bit more to get the rollowver timing right.

Your manual (or the one you can download here) will show you how to time the cams and the correct alignment for the cams at rest.

Best o luck to ya,

Darren
    where and how do you download a manual here
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

This is just an educated guess, but by twisting anything or just shortening the A2A in general is only going to preload the limbs more, raising the drawing weight. Sure this is going to give you more speed, but are your arrows spined stiff enough to take it?

At the same time some of the speed is not going to be realized because the brace height will be higher. How much is purely guesswork.

The reality of it is you are seeing about 4 fps increase because the weight went up two pounds. The rest is probably because the Nitrous cams are more aggressive. The Nitrous is just a fast cam. No denying that.

So let us know how it shoots. I'm curious, because I have a 2005 ShadowCat custom built with SE limb pockets and B NitrousX cams. The A2A on this is 32" and the brace height is 9 3/8". It's not the fastest critter in the stable, but the riser doesn't have as much reflex and take a look at that brace height---it's tall.