Thread: how much clearance?.....

deer dude

Default how much clearance?.....

is ideal between the cable and your arrow fletch.i was worried that my pantera might be set out too far.i measured and have less than a half inch between cable and fletch. i checked because the shop that set mine up had the slide and string and cable backwards from the way they should have been.

Elk4me

I just measured mine the cable gurd from the back is about 1/4" from my fletch and about the 5 o'clock position!

Myk

Both of yours are too much, IMO.
    I have about 1/16" (actually .050"-.060", I used calipers to check) on all my bows, cable guard or shoot through and get no fletching contact.

You only need enough to get the vanes through, not drive a truck through

deer dude

Quote Originally Posted by Myk View Post
    Both of yours are too much, IMO.
    I have about 1/16" (actually .050"-.060", I used calipers to check) on all my bows, cable guard or shoot through and get no fletching contact.

You only need enough to get the vanes through, not drive a truck through
    o.k how do i go about rotating the cable rod? can i just loosen the screws and put it where i want it or do i need to back the limbs off then rotate the rod where it should be.?

Myk

Back the screws out and twist it.
    Sometimes that sounds easier than it is.
    It will probably go easier if you pop the strings out of the slide to remove the pressure from the guard. Not being able to pop the strings out is why I stopped using the teflon slide I have. Unless that's the type of slide you're using there shouldn't be a need to do anything to the limbs.

Elk4me

Thanks Myk I re adj. mine now 1/16" clearance. I was shooting the bow excellent what is going to be the notice?