Thread: Martin Compound Bow Sight Question

Unregistered

Default Martin Compound Bow Sight Question

Hi. I have been the owner of a Martin compound bow for a few years now (the Jaguar Corflex XRG series), but never really considered using the sight that came put on it. It is a sight that has 1 bar with numbers on it from top to bottom, and 4 pins on it (presumably to adjust for different shooting distances. The top of it starts with 1, and end with 37 at the bottom. I am wondering, does each of these numbers symbolize a number of yards, and thats where I should put the pin to if Im shooting from that distance? As well is the rubber line with the hole on the drawstring which im assuming you look through at the pin you are looking at to fire. Can someone please confirm this?

Bubba101st

The rubber line with the hole in the string, as you refer to it, is called a peep sight. Yeas you likke through it and center your pin in the hole to sight. I do not know anything about the sight that you are refering to. Here is a few articals that might help you.

http://www.huntingnet.com/staticpage...ail.aspx?id=18

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...0001&langId=-1

I hope these help.

haon8

In essence http://www.martinarchery.com/accessories/2001.jpg is what I was referring to, however, the bar that the pin slides along is numbered 1-37, and contains 4 pins. Now my question is if each number symbolizes a yard, and that is where I should set 1 of the pins to if im firing from that distance?

Myk

Those are sight marks.
    If you wanted you could probably buy a program and print out a yardage tape to put over them (I don't know exactly how your sight is set up to know if you can do that or not).

You can deal with your multiple pins however works for you.
    The yardages you set your pins to depends on what purpose you have.

I would pick an even mark and set my highest pin at 20yds on that mark. Then I would set my other pins 30, 40 and 50. Then I would pick a pin that worked best for me and keep track of which marks made that pin hit at yardages beyond 50yds.

haon8

Quote Originally Posted by Myk View Post
    Those are sight marks.
    If you wanted you could probably buy a program and print out a yardage tape to put over them (I don't know exactly how your sight is set up to know if you can do that or not).

You can deal with your multiple pins however works for you.
    The yardages you set your pins to depends on what purpose you have.

I would pick an even mark and set my highest pin at 20yds on that mark. Then I would set my other pins 30, 40 and 50. Then I would pick a pin that worked best for me and keep track of which marks made that pin hit at yardages beyond 50yds.
    K ty, but am I correct that each number represents a yard?

Myk

Quote Originally Posted by haon8 View Post
    K ty, but am I correct that each number represents a yard?
    Not unless it's a yardage tape that was made for the speed and arrow weight you are shooting. Or it's a yardage tape someone made shooting a different speed and arrow weight in which case it will do you no good.

They're probably sight marks judging from the picture you posted.

Here is two sides of the same sight. One is the marks that came on the sight the other is a yardage tape I made for the bow.
    Sight marks are evenly spaced, yardage marks are not.
    Attached Images Attached Images