Thread: Fob Shooter tries out the Bitzenburger Jig and Fusion Vanes

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fob Shooter tries out the Bitzenburger Jig and Fusion Vanes

I've been using Starrflight Fobs for several years. I love my Fobs for hunting but they are not allowed in some Competitions. I always carry some Harvest Time Archery HT-2 with Factory fletched Blazers When I shoot with other people. Some folks are not Friendly toward us Fob Users. After some time I end up tearing Blazers off the shafts. I usually put them aside until I have time to drive 90 miles one way to the local Archery shop and I pay the shop to refletch them. I love going to the shop but the drive gets kinda old. So I bought the Bitzenburger Dial a Fletch Jig with a Straight Clamp. I also bought some Steel Force Beyond Clean Arrow Cleaner, Steel Force Beyond Bond Glue. The set up was easy. it didn't come with instructions So I went over to their website and downloaded and printed it out. In about 5 minutes I was fletching arrows.

Here's some Harvest Time Archery HT-2 400's,.001 Spined Shafts with Pink Onestringer Wraps. 3 inch Fusion Vanes 2 Pink, 1 White. I'm letting them dry today and I'll see how they fly tomorrow. I sprained my back again ( Partially Disabled) so i'm down for the count today. I think I'm adding too much Glue. If you have tips for me please post. I'm like a Sponge soaking up the Fletching tips and Info.

What do you think?. I love Pink For my hunting arrows. I normally use Pink Fobs for Hunting. They are so easy to see and recover after the pass through.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice looking arrows.
    I hope your back gets better quickly.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta Love that Pink I have a wrap on my arrows that is a bold pink to a tribal something or other towards the knock

Bravo on the fletching.
    Hit The X
    Martin Jaguar, Carbon Express Maxx, T.R.U Ball Realease, Rage Broadheads, Luminocks, Special Stabalizer, NAP Arrow rest " NEVER STOP AIMINNG FOR THE X "
    http://ohiogreatarchers.freeforums.org/

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Double S you look pretty in pink. Or at least your arrows do. Nice job! I hope your back gets better as well.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Looking Arrows Excellent job....

In following the valley of the quill just enough glue to create a line of glue down the valley, less is more, and then once the fletch is complete just a dot at the front of the vane and a dot behind. Some glues are about 15 second set, others about 30. I find the fletching process a really zen time. Similar to I guess what a fly fisherman feels tying flies.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the kind words. I'm laying on the couch medicated (legally) with the laptop on my chest. lol. Darn Muscle Spasms!. I need better lighting. It's hard to see the clear groove of the fusion vane. I did do the dot in front and back of the fletching.