Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fob Shooter tries out the Bitzenburger Jig and Fusion Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fob Shooter tries out the Bitzenburger Jig and Fusion Vanes

I've been using Starrflight Fobs for several years. I love my Fobs for hunting but they are not allowed in some Competitions. I always carry some Harvest Time Archery HT-2 with Factory fletched Blazers When I shoot with other people. Some folks are not Friendly toward us Fob Users. After some time I end up tearing Blazers off the shafts. I usually put them aside until I have time to drive 90 miles one way to the local Archery shop and I pay the shop to refletch them. I love going to the shop but the drive gets kinda old. So I bought the Bitzenburger Dial a Fletch Jig with a Straight Clamp. I also bought some Steel Force Beyond Clean Arrow Cleaner, Steel Force Beyond Bond Glue. The set up was easy. it didn't come with instructions So I went over to their website and downloaded and printed it out. In about 5 minutes I was fletching arrows.

Here's some Harvest Time Archery HT-2 400's,.001 Spined Shafts with Pink Onestringer Wraps. 3 inch Fusion Vanes 2 Pink, 1 White. I'm letting them dry today and I'll see how they fly tomorrow. I sprained my back again ( Partially Disabled) so i'm down for the count today. I think I'm adding too much Glue. If you have tips for me please post. I'm like a Sponge soaking up the Fletching tips and Info.

What do you think?. I love Pink For my hunting arrows. I normally use Pink Fobs for Hunting. They are so easy to see and recover after the pass through.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice looking arrows.
    I hope your back gets better quickly.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta Love that Pink I have a wrap on my arrows that is a bold pink to a tribal something or other towards the knock

Bravo on the fletching.
    Hit The X
    Martin Jaguar, Carbon Express Maxx, T.R.U Ball Realease, Rage Broadheads, Luminocks, Special Stabalizer, NAP Arrow rest " NEVER STOP AIMINNG FOR THE X "
    http://ohiogreatarchers.freeforums.org/

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Double S you look pretty in pink. Or at least your arrows do. Nice job! I hope your back gets better as well.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Looking Arrows Excellent job....

In following the valley of the quill just enough glue to create a line of glue down the valley, less is more, and then once the fletch is complete just a dot at the front of the vane and a dot behind. Some glues are about 15 second set, others about 30. I find the fletching process a really zen time. Similar to I guess what a fly fisherman feels tying flies.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the kind words. I'm laying on the couch medicated (legally) with the laptop on my chest. lol. Darn Muscle Spasms!. I need better lighting. It's hard to see the clear groove of the fusion vane. I did do the dot in front and back of the fletching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    Thanks all for the kind words. I'm laying on the couch medicated (legally) with the laptop on my chest. lol. Darn Muscle Spasms!. I need better lighting. It's hard to see the clear groove of the fusion vane. I did do the dot in front and back of the fletching.

Very nice, professional looking to say the least. After seating the vane I take a q-tip and run it on both sides to get any excess glue, but you don't look like you need any help. I hate re-fletching arrows, end up changing 5 or 6 arrows just to fix one. That's why I like fob's, I guess I'm just lazy lol.
    2008-2011 Martin firecat pro-x, 70#, 29" dl. Monster bows dragon 60#, 29" dl.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my fobs and I'll never get rid of them as long as Paul keeps making them. As you already probably know, Fobs are not allowed in certain Competitions. Some of those I actually want to compete in. So I will have a dozen or 2 arrow shafts with Fusion vanes. I just ordered some White Bohning nocks to fit the arrows above in the Picture. I've been using Fobs for about 4 years now and I'm one of Paul's Starrflight Hunting Crew Staffer's. I just ordered 35 of each Zeon Fusion vanes in Pink, Orange, and green and yellow to try out. My go to Arrow for hunting will always have a Fob on the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclepath View Post
    Very nice, professional looking to say the least. After seating the vane I take a q-tip and run it on both sides to get any excess glue, but you don't look like you need any help. I hate re-fletching arrows, end up changing 5 or 6 arrows just to fix one. That's why I like fob's, I guess I'm just lazy lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fobs will be an option....

but as long as people find a utilitarian need to use rests like whisker biscuits or some of the other full containment rests vanes will be around also. I think FOB's have their use, as do feathers, vanes and blazers and I think they can all be options in the repertoire of the skillful archer and bow hunter.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

Being semi-new to archery, I guess call me ignorant. I have only ever used feathers and vanes. What are blazers and fobs?