Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fob Shooter tries out the Bitzenburger Jig and Fusion Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaverd View Post
    Being semi-new to archery, I guess call me ignorant. I have only ever used feathers and vanes. What are blazers and fobs?
    The two vanes on the left are Blazer vanes. The circle one's on the right are Starrflight Fobs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    but as long as people find a utilitarian need to use rests like whisker biscuits or some of the other full containment rests vanes will be around also. I think FOB's have their use, as do feathers, vanes and blazers and I think they can all be options in the repertoire of the skillful archer and bow hunter.
    I totally agree with you peace. There's room for all of them in the Archer's tool box. It's all about being able to choose what a person wants to shoot. Why Do Archer's bash each other for the products, brands they use?. We are too small of a Sport to fight amongst each other.

p.s, I ordered some white Bohning nocks to go with the Pink and white Arrows in the first picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the post, i hope to get an arizonia easy fletch this fall to start doing my own. But for now I have to borrow a jig like yours from a friend. all tips are helpful, i prefer to learn from others instead of screwing up stuff myself.
    I like the idea of pink vanes, I've lost a few orange, green, and even white veined arrows in my yard, finding some months later when the grass dies from the drought. So anything to find an arrow quicker is great. I am really worried about losing the arrow after a shot in the woods hunting.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Thanks for the post, i hope to get an arizonia easy fletch this fall to start doing my own. But for now I have to borrow a jig like yours from a friend. all tips are helpful, i prefer to learn from others instead of screwing up stuff myself.
    I like the idea of pink vanes, I've lost a few orange, green, and even white veined arrows in my yard, finding some months later when the grass dies from the drought. So anything to find an arrow quicker is great. I am really worried about losing the arrow after a shot in the woods hunting.
    Green is my Favorite color but my go to Color for hunting is Pink. I've tried, green, orange, yellow for pre rut hunting and I always return to Pink. It's hard to confuse Flo pink with anything out in mother nature. Guys can make fun of my Pink vanes and Fobs any day, I'm above that. I just took out the Fusions for some test shots. My back is still killing me but they shot superb. I also ordered the ZEON fusion vanes last night. Once i get those fletched up I'll let you folks know.

p.s invest in a bitzenburger jig and you won't regret it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double S View Post
    The two vanes on the left are Blazer vanes. The circle one's on the right are Starrflight Fobs.
    The fobs look very different. Would they work with a traditional rest or do you need to shoot them with a wisker bisket? I only own Recurves and long bows at this time, for no other reason than thats what was cheapest and available at the time when I got started.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaverd View Post
    The fobs look very different. Would they work with a traditional rest or do you need to shoot them with a wisker bisket? I only own Recurves and long bows at this time, for no other reason than thats what was cheapest and available at the time when I got started.
    You can only shoot fobs with a drop away rest.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com