Thread: Phantom

Tolbert

Default Phantom

I just saw a Martin Phantom in a shop and test fired it, it felt great. I was told it has been upgraded several times and the current model is a P-3. For about 200.00 I could own this Phantom. Is that a good deal and could anyone tell me any experiences or how long ago it was built. This bow looks brand new. Thanks

Myk

If it's new it would still be warrantied and you probably could expect much better of a price.

Mine are Phantom IIs and I don't know what the difference is but I like the Phantom II riser.

Post Thanks / Like

The P3 was first built in 2006 so it may be last year's model or a new 2007. 2005 was the year for the Phantam II.

As for the price of $200, that isn't too bad if it's new or nearly so. It depends on the configuration. What model, cams, etc. If it's a Magnum model with Dynacam/cmo then the regular retail price for 2006/2007 is about $379.

The price can sky rocket to almost $700 retail if it's an Elite with NitrousX cams.

Never shot a Magnum with Dynacam as I prefer the Nitrous, but the one I have is a sweet shooter. Lighter than a lot of bows and with the Elite (non-parallel) limbs it has a bit of hand shock, but for a target bow I could care less.

If you can do so I'd recommend shooting it and draw your own conclusion.