Thread: Martin Quest Magnum

Bones

Default Martin Quest Magnum

I just purchased a Martin Quest Magnum with dynacam single cams. I hope I did not poop in my mess kit . The only thing it says about the draw length is that it is fully adjustable. My draw length is 27.5 inches. Will this bow fit my draw length?

Thanks Bones

Post Thanks / Like

With the DynaCam the bow is adjustable from from 25 to 31" by swapping the module. Then there are three posts on the back side of the cam. The middle one is for even inches. If you move to the #3 post it shortens the draw by 1/2" and conversely the #1 post makes it 1/2" longer.

If I can count right, for a 27" draw you should need the F3 module and then move the string to the #1 post to make it 27 1/2". Of course once you have this done it's always wise to actually measure the draw length for accuracy. String creep or amount of twists can vary the measured draw length.

I'm going to check the Cam Charts on this site to verify that I haven't given you the wrong info. I suggest you check them for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I did the checkong and according to the Bow Cam Charts you should choose the F1 module for 27" draw.

Man, I did make an oops. The 25-31" draw I stated was for the TruArc cam. The DynaCam is 27-32".

By the way, the Quest is listed as the M75 model on the chart.

Bones

Default Draw length

Will I need a bow press to change the module? The closest Martin dealer is almost 100 miles from me should I call and make the trip or can I do it myself. Are there any manuals I can get? Is it easy to work with and sit up different draw lengths?

Bones
    Last edited by Bones; 04-25-2007 at 06:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's possible you'll need a bow press, but sometimes you can get away without one. Take a look at the module screws. If they are accessible then just remove one and loosen the other one (slotted) and rotate the module to your needs.

However, take a close look at the module. If this a 1st generation TruArc then the string/cable attaches to a post on the module itself. If it's the newer TruArc+ then no press is needed.

For the TruArc another thing you can do, especially with Martin bows is to back the weight off intil you can slip the string off the cam and this will loosen all the rigging. If you take a look at the pivoting nut in the riser that the limb bolt threads into you can back off the bolts and see when the end of the bolt is showing.

I don't know about the Quest, but most of my Martin bows will adjust down at least five full turns and the end still isn't showing. Just be careful and I'm sure you'll get it.

If one of the module set screws is hiding behind the limb you can back off the weight and/or just squeeze the cable to rotate it to a position where it's easy to get at.

Hope this helps. If ya need more help then ask. I check in here several times a day.

Barry