Thread: Bengal and nitrous cams

machster670

Default Bengal and nitrous cams

I have been thinking about this for sometime now, has anyone installed nitrous cams to this bow if it is possible. If you did how did it turn out

smarpo

My dealer custom ordered one for me from Martin. I am getting 260fps with a 435gr. aluminum arrow, 27in. draw, 65 lbs. That is with a peep and cat whiskers. I use a string loop with a tied on nock point. If my math is correct that should be around 325fps IBO, maybe a little more. My dealer ordered another one for someone on the internet that backed out on him. My understanding is if you want to order one have a dealer talk to Jake about it. I'm totaly happy with the bow and am impressed with the speed gains of the nitrous cams. I do have custom strings my dealer made for me. He said I might gain a little more with the strings he just made with the 452x.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the Bengal, but the Pantera. And I got the X system on it to boot. Been shooting the nitrous X for 3 years now and prefer it over a cable guard. It should be doable with the Bengal.

Here's my results. 27" draw and 53# shooting a 267 gr arrow (IBO legal) it's doing 287 fps. What the IBO on the bow is open to debate as this is not a standard configuration so there really are no specs on it. Joel or Jake would tell you the same thing.

I do like the nitrous cams as they draw pretty darn smooth for a speed cam. Of course that's with fairly low poundage. It doesn't feel like it has a lot of letoff, but it doesn't drop into valley like there is an anchor tied to the string either. Makes it feel good on these old shoulders.

If you have a draw length less than 28" I'd also recommend the mini-modules. You'll get a little more letoff and slightly better performance.

Whether you order the X system or not is up to you, but due to the shortness of the bow I'd recommend it. It's easy to get rid of any cam lean, and makes the bow a little easier to tune.

machster670

Thanks for the great info guys,

myrmidon

Thumbs up Great article !!

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I don't have the Bengal, but the Pantera. And I got the X system on it to boot. Been shooting the nitrous X for 3 years now and prefer it over a cable guard. It should be doable with the Bengal.

Here's my results. 27" draw and 53# shooting a 267 gr arrow (IBO legal) it's doing 287 fps. What the IBO on the bow is open to debate as this is not a standard configuration so there really are no specs on it. Joel or Jake would tell you the same thing.

I do like the nitrous cams as they draw pretty darn smooth for a speed cam. Of course that's with fairly low poundage. It doesn't feel like it has a lot of letoff, but it doesn't drop into valley like there is an anchor tied to the string either. Makes it feel good on these old shoulders.

If you have a draw length less than 28" I'd also recommend the mini-modules. You'll get a little more letoff and slightly better performance.

Whether you order the X system or not is up to you, but due to the shortness of the bow I'd recommend it. It's easy to get rid of any cam lean, and makes the bow a little easier to tune.
    Great Article Guys! I've got a couple of older martins that I've been thinkin' about changing over to Nitrous x.......Wonder what kind of expense it is ??

LeEarl

Quote Originally Posted by myrmidon View Post
    Great Article Guys! I've got a couple of older martins that I've been thinkin' about changing over to Nitrous x.......Wonder what kind of expense it is ??
    It might be a little expensive because you might have to change more then just the cams. You might have to change limbs to get the # you are after. That being said, it will be just like a new bow and will cost less then a new one. The Nitrous cams are great. Good speed and a solid wall.

LeEarl