Thread: String Rotation?

deer dude

Default String Rotation?

anybody have any ideas as to why i have so much rotation on my string? new martin pantera ,im guessing ive put a couple hundred shots or more through it now.but the problem is i have to grab my string loop and pull it back to the proper position after each shot,the loop is good and tight,i have an sts on it too and wonder if this could be part of the problem. im guessing that a peep would never come into proper alignment on it.would i be better off replacing the string on it? and would i have to or need to replace the cable also?

Myk

It may calm down eventually or it may not.
    If you went with a new string you would only need a string to cover the rotation problem, but I would replace the set and hang on to the old ones for spares.

Post Thanks / Like

Check the approximate specs of the bow. A2A and brace height. Take a good look at the string to see how many twists are in it. There should be about one full twist every 1 1/2". If not then you may need to put more twists in the string. Often this helps the whole bundle act as a unit and the result is less peep rotation.

Although most factory strings are not very good I've had pretty good luck with Martin strings. At least better than most.

See what ya got and get back to me.