Thread: Couger SE Problem

jbadams66

Default Couger SE Problem

I have a Martin Couger III se with magnum limbs and Fuzion Cams. I bought the bow new about four or five years ago. I have shot alot with the bow and it is starting to show some age. I have had a problem with a loud noise coming from the top cam for the past three years and it always happens at the worst possible moment so that is strike one.

I was looking the bow over a little today and it looks like the bottom cam is leaning a bit. The bottom cam is tilted to the left (holding the bow like you are going to shoot) and the washer on the left side looks like it is being deformed some. Strike two.

It is also time to change the string out. My question is, what do I have to do to get this bow back in good shape. How much money am I looking at spending? I am starting to think that I should cut my loses and buy a new bow but I need to do it soon so I can get used to shooting a different bow.

What should I do.

Myk

If you think you have a warranty issue you should call Martin or see your Martin dealer. It's probably just a matter of replacing your shims judging from what you describe.
    I'm pretty sure that age has a 10 year 100% warranty (check your manual) so the parts shouldn't cost anything but labor from the shop or shipping the bow to Martin.

I'm guessing the string set should be around $40-$50, but I make my own so I really don't know how prices have gone in the last few years. I'm pretty sure you could spend a lot more on strings if you wanted.

Personally I like the looks of the Cougar III more than the C4 and I would fix it up. If you haven't bought strings in 4-5 years you're way ahead of the game for what you've had to put into it, normally they need replaced yearly.

Elk4me

Call Matin and talk to Joel C or Jake or Phil they will hook ya up! I have a 04 Cougar II SE and it is a sweet bow get it fixed and you will be shooting awsome again. The C III is a great bow , dont cut yourself short!

1-800-541-8902 they are on PST