Thread: Adjusting Cougar C4

oldbowhunter

Default Adjusting Cougar C4

Does anyone have, or know where I can get information on how to adjust the draw length on an 07 Cougar C4 Elite with Furious Cams? I've tried numerous e-mails to Martin's Customer Service with absolutely no help what so ever. I'd sure appreciate some help here.

Post Thanks / Like

This is an easy one as I have an S4 with Furious cams looking at me. There ae two set screws that hold the module. One fits in a slot and the other one fits in a hole. Loosen the one in the slot. Remove the one in the hole. Rotate the module to the desired position. Rplace the one screw and retighten the one in the slot.

If you look at the module it has numbers on it. The number one hole is the shortest setting. The number 4 is the longest setting. Moving the module to each respective hole changes the draw length one inch. The ones in the second row are not numbered and these are for half inch adjustments.

Does this help?

Barry

oldbowhunter

Default Many Thanks

Barry
    Yes sir! You've really helped. Now I've got another problem. The bow is set at thirty inches of draw and the screws are already in the highest numbered hole. I'm assuming this to mean that it's set for the longest draw length possible on this cam set-up. Would you know if it's possible to change to a different cam with longer draw length settings?

Milt

Post Thanks / Like

Milt, There are two posts on the same side of the cam as the module. I can't explain very well which one is whish, but will say this. One is for a short cable setting and the other is for lengthening the cable setting.

Look ing at it it's the same direction as the numbers on the module. The longer draw length post will be like the number 4 position on the module. You want to position your cables so they are on the post that will be their short setting. This will make the draw length 2" longer.

If that doesn't work then maybe you have the small cam. There are two size Furious cams made. I'm not that familar with them to know the draw length range of each.

You might want to contact Loel Carter at their customer service dep. or maybe on www.archerytalk.com. Joel is pretty good.

Barry

Post Thanks / Like

Misspelling. It's Joel Carter. JoelC on AT.

oldbowhunter

Default Thanks again

Many thanks once more Barry. I don't know what I would have done without you. It seemed like I was beating my head against the wall trying to get info from Martin.

Again...thanks
    Milt