Thread: Draw length module and changing

Bones

Default Draw length module and changing

I received my new Martin Quest and needed to change the draw length module and the string to a different peg. The set screws that hold the module in are underneath the limb of the bow. Will I need a bow press to change the module and move the string to a different peg.

Bones

Elk4me

You either need to press the bow or back the limb bolts out( No more than 5 full turns) evenly on both to change either the mod, or the post positons 1 is 1/2 longer than the mod on the bow, and 3# post is 1/2" Shorter DL than the perscribed mod. If you tell us what DL your trying to achieve we can help you.

Bones

Default Draw length

I have the Quest with DynaCam Single Cam with a 27.5 draw length. So I need to use the F1 module and the #1 post. If I back the limb bolts off 5 turns how do I get the string off to move it to the #1 post.

Bones

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    I have the Quest with DynaCam Single Cam with a 27.5 draw length. So I need to use the F1 module and the #1 post. If I back the limb bolts off 5 turns how do I get the string off to move it to the #1 post.

Bones
    You can back the limb bolts out further. They thread onto a steel barrel nut and if you look from the side of the riser the bolt is visible. When you see the end of the bolt in the nut you most likely will have enough weight off the bow to be able to do what you want.

Martin is one of the few that put longer limb bolts in the bow and all that I've worked with can be loosened enough to completely tear the bow down. Just be certain to remember how many turns you take off the limbs. Better yet, write it down.