Thread: Martin cougar 2000 Draw Weight

Hadec

Default Martin cougar 2000 Draw Weight

How i can reduce the Draw Weight in Martin Cougar 2000, and how many pounds I reduce if I unscrew one turnover the screw which mounting the arms.

Post Thanks / Like

Dropping the weight is very easy. Back out (turn counter clockwise) each limb bolt equally. One turn equals about 3#, so 5 turns would mean about 15 lbs.

hadec

Thanks a lot for your ansver.
    The producer gives the range of the regulations 40-80 pounds, whether this means that to obtain 40 pounds I must back out limb bolts till 13 1/3 turns ?
    Whether bolts are sufficiently long ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hadec View Post
    Thanks a lot for your ansver.
    The producer gives the range of the regulations 40-80 pounds, whether this means that to obtain 40 pounds I must back out limb bolts till 13 1/3 turns ?
    Whether bolts are sufficiently long ?
    I might be wrong, but I'd say "No way". I've never known any manufacturer that made a bow with a 40# weight range. What I think you are seeing is that the bow is manufactured with peak weight ranges from 40# to 80#. Bows usually come in 10# to 15# ranges. In other words, say your bow is supposed to be #70 (max). It's weight range would be 55-70#. To have a 45-60# max the bow would have a different set of limbs on it (less stiff) and so forth.

Please don't turn the limbs out 13+ turns. 5 turns is about the most you can turn them out safely for shooting purposes. If you do want to shoot the bow at around 40# and it won't go that low with 5 turns off the limbs then I'd suggest you contact Martin Archery and buy new limbs for it in the correct weight range for you.

Myk

The whole time I've known Martins they've had a 15lb range and should be shot with no more than 5 turns out.