Thread: Tru-arc to tra-arc+

archerdavid

Default Tru-arc to tra-arc+

Is the string and cable length differ when changing from tru-arc to tru-arc+ cams?
    I have a phantom 11 which had the cams break and they were replaced with tru-arc+ and now the strings seem to be too long.

Post Thanks / Like

I should stay out of this as my brain isn't functioning correctly this morning.
    Whic Phantom II do you have? What limbs are on it? Straight, Elite ? Which Tru-Arc= cams are on it; large or small? If you don't know the cam size then what is the supposed draw length range?

These all make a difference. I would suggest you call customer service at Martin, but have this information ready just in case.

From the charts I'm looking at there is a difference in the length of the rigging, but it depends on the above mentioned specs.

archerdavid

Default phantom 11 straight

it is a phantom 11(2005-6) straight limbs(16") with large tru-arc+ cams the old string seems way too long and the new string charts dont tell me which is for the phantom just numbers like m-28 what everr that means?????? Had new strings supplied when cam was replaced but they gave me a brace height of over 12" so were way too short.

Post Thanks / Like

That sure sounds like a goofy brace height. I can only guess, but I'll bet you have strings for a straight 14" limb model. It would have been custom made if 14" limbs and TruArc as this isn't a standard production model. I don't know about your's.

I'll stand by my original suggestion. You need to talk to Jake or Joel Carter at customer service.