Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bengal cam problem

smarpo

That is one of the big reasons I can't see the price of a Mathews, It seems stupid to screw the bolt into the riser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smarpo View Post
    That is one of the big reasons I can't see the price of a Mathews, It seems stupid to screw the bolt into the riser.
    I wouldn't berate the bow for that. Actually most bows have the riser drilled and tapped to accept the limb bolts. Very few have a barrel nut like Martin does. Although the barrel nut is a better idea the other has worked for decades.

And the fact that the guy who assembled the bow screwed up is of no consequence. We are human beings and as such are prone to mistakes. The guy made a mistake and either cross threaded or stretched the threads in the riser. No big deal so long as the company makes good, which apparently they did.

There are a lot more stupid things in this archery world besides this. One that always gets a giggle out of me is the guys who buy a $700 bow and then post some question about how to adjust the weight or how to move a peep sight or some other inane question. If I spend that kind of money for a bow (which I don't) I'm sure going to know something about archery and compound bow tuning (which I do after 35 years).

cowboysfan

Default bengal bow

i couldnt agree more i have always like the way martin has attatched the limb to the riser i also have an older slayer and was amased as to far you can back out the limb bolt on it. i love my martin bows but i also love my mathews i think they are both great bows is there any way to justify spending 700 dollars on it probaly not

smarpo

It's true that all bows used to screw into the riser but hasn't technology progressed enough that if you are going to spend high dollars on a bow shouldn't it have the latest advancements instead of using a method that has been around for what, 50 years? I have looked at a few Mathews and there isn't anything about them that shows me they are worth as much as a Martin, little lone more. It has been said many times you are paying for Mathews high dollar advertising not a better product.

cowboysfan

your right i agree mathews isnt any beter of a bow then martin i agree ive had martin bows for years but martin isnt any beter then a mathews i own them both and i wouldnt get rid of my martin you would need to shoot them both even though martins idea of the barrel nut is alot beter