Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Cheetah = Bunny's Predator

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Cheetah = Bunny's Predator

I went out a couple of months ago, just looking for rabbits and what not that were eating up my parent's garden.... Turns out they had 3 little bush rabbits running around. I decided I should try out my Cheetah w/ G5 SGHs on the little bastards. I not only hit a rabbit, but it snapped it's back leg clean off! I also smoked one at about 10 yards with a judo tip, and pretty much made a 3'' gaping hole right in it's side. I never knew these little small game broadheads could be so devastating! I look forward to thinning out the rabbit population all around town (town of 300 ppl) throughout the rest of summer!
    2012 Rytera Nemesis in vista camo
    equipment list
    • Strings by BOW STRING DEPOT (Formerly hutch n sons archery)
    • octane stabilizer
    • 3/16 meta peep
    • HHA ol5519 sight
    • QAD ultrarest HDX in realtree ap
    • fuse 3 arrow quiver
    • saunders hyperglide cable slide

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome! my Cheetah has been keeping the coon population under wraps. did you see my thread on the DIY small game heads? do a search in the tech forum(i think thats where it is)you can make about a dozen for the price of the G5 heads. maybe more.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I have some ground hogs here I would like to do that to. If I didn't have so much yard work I would bust those little critters. My wife wants me to trap them but there's no sport in that I am so anxious I will shoot them with a field tip. They have started to bust up our back porch stair way and I have a sink hole in the back walk way. Our house is only a year old. These suckers have done some damage. I feel like Bill Murray in Caddy Shack
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

A bump for Hawgs small game heads, I shot a few at my target they hit just where I am at 20 yds. They do penetrate but they also seem to have a ton of smack when they hit the tarted, so kind of like a modified judo tip. Havent shot any bunnies, I dont have a garden and live in town, kinda hard to explain that to a gamewarden. Any woodchucks around are gonna get it though.
    "If Darwin saw the same sunrise and sunset, that I see from a duck marsh, or my tree stand; then he would know there is a God, and that He created all of it." -Ford-

Post Thanks / Like

I am just praying that some of them venture out into the yard when I have the bow out firing practice arrows that would be so sweet.
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

are ya going to make some wabbit stew.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are the photo's?

Post Thanks / Like

Everytime I got out to shoot, I have at least 4-5 rabbits within 10 yards of me. The things are getting so used to me shooting, they don't even move unless they are right in front of my target. Not unusual to see 20 or more rabbits in the yard every night. Actually had one the other night come hopping around the edge of my backstop as I was pulling arrows. Could have just swung the arrow and hit it.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Everytime I got out to shoot, I have at least 4-5 rabbits within 10 yards of me. The things are getting so used to me shooting, they don't even move unless they are right in front of my target. Not unusual to see 20 or more rabbits in the yard every night. Actually had one the other night come hopping around the edge of my backstop as I was pulling arrows. Could have just swung the arrow and hit it.
    what,what,what.sounds like you have bunny stew just asking to be brewed

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Everytime I got out to shoot, I have at least 4-5 rabbits within 10 yards of me.
    Wish it was like that where I hunt. Its heavily hunted with rifles so most times your flat out getting closer than 30 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by gravediggermtv View Post
    what,what,what.sounds like you have bunny stew just asking to be brewed
    Bit of a poet GD!