Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D-loop problems...

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Default D-loop problems...

GETTING TIRED OF THIS CRAP! remember the mishap with the tru-ball release awhile back? well, it happened again today. with two other releases! its not a matter of bumping the trigger. finger is behind the trigger pushing forward til im ready to shoot. always is,has been,and will be. it happened with the release ive been using since the last problem i had. lost an arrow.So i switched to my back-up Tru-ball Stinger. and again. another mis-fire! at least i found that arrow. punched my self in the mouth twice in 5min. the Cheetah just about went airborne. but, i controlled myself. im SO pissed right now. i was warming up,getting ready to go on a real coon hunt. just found out today that theyre legal to actually hunt on farmlands when causing damage to crops or property. i was excited! then this BS!

im kinda thinking its got to be something with the d-loop material. has to be. what are the odds of # releases mis-firing while shooting the same bow? not bloody likely. seriously thinking about going back to shooting off the string. just dont want to do that,though. what alternatives are there? is there a thicker loop material i should use? uggghhhh!
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

What material are you using now? I use BCY 24. Never had a bit of problems with it, and it lasts forever. I use to use Paradox cord, which is a bit thicker, but doesn't last nearly as long. Is there a chance that your releases are actually just getting worn, and gapping open a bit too much?
    2006 Rytera Bullet X 60#---2008 Moab 70#
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawg, the d loop material is thinner then the string. So shooting off the string won't change a thing. Have you checked your sensitivity of the release. Is it adjusted right. Also some releases which I have one on the super shooter. You can fire from the back of the trigger. And that ain't no joke. I touched the mechanism and bang it goes off. But I still think the head needs adjustment.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

If it is the d loop material I put on it is BCY 24

Hutch

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Hutch,its the flo green stuff you sent w the string. its almost like the loop is slipping from between the release jaws. but the jaws are tight. the sensitivity is adjusted like ive always had them. not sensitive,but not firm either. i can usually rest my finger on the trigger before using back tension to trigger the release.

i was shooting in the rain. would that have an effect on it? also,the string being thicker,in my line of frustrated thinking anyway,would be less likely to slip between the release jaws. ill crank the tension all the way up so i actually have to give it a good squeeze to trigger the release and see how that works, i guess. i think the loop material is the same stuff i had on the old strings,too,when it happened.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

The Flo green stuff is BCY 24.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    im kinda thinking its got to be something with the d-loop material. has to be. what are the odds of # releases mis-firing while shooting the same bow?
    I doubt its the loop unless its actually failing. Sounds like a run of REALLY bad luck!

the Cheetah just about went airborne. but, i controlled myself.
    Well done, can be very hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    BCY 24.
    All I use.

i can usually rest my finger on the trigger before using back tension to trigger the release.
    I would be setting it firmer and making a more deliberate release, especially for hunting.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawg, I believe with how much you are shooting. You have worn the internal mechanism down a little. Adjust it as been suggested. A little more firmer. This will change the worn spot to a different location. And should help. Its happened to most shooters.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you try hooking up just below the loop and try drawing. If it doesn't pull off the string then it has to be the loop material. Maybe the diameter is just too small for your releases. Hope you get this worked out because dentists can get expensive.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

D-loop is probably slipping between the jaws as they are not totally together when tension is applied the string...probably has nothing to do with trigger tension.