Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D-loop problems...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    D-loop is probably slipping between the jaws as they are not totally together when tension is applied the string...probably has nothing to do with trigger tension.
    That's what I was thinking, too, Scott, but I figured the guys would already know that.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    Just seems like your release needs adjusted for tension. Some set up a release for their draw weight and then failure comes later. Then the jaws of some are just soft enough that they wear at the jaw tips and the loop slips between them. The Boss's release did this one night during league action. I ended up putting a new loop on and then had to adjust his release after he glanced another arrow off the ceiling.
    x2 Sonny is telling it like it is. I had one let go and well, and the coats took in the back. Ruined some good clothes. I adjusted mine it works well now.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

well, I inreased tension to the maximum amount possible on both releases. The Truball held, the other didn't. Another punch to the chin. I'm all squinty eyed and leary of shooting. I hate it! The loop is slipping between the jaws on the one release.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

soooo.. i just used the faulty release on the Athens w no problem,other than a fear of beating myself up again. i decided to try it when i was looking for something and noticed the loop on the Athens held its shape better. upon further inspection,that loop is made of thicker,stiffer material. so what material could it be? it was on there when i got the bow. the strings are Twisted Archer customs. not sure if theloop came from them or not.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Time to get the one release fixed. Then build a drawing machine.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Still it is not the d loop. Twisted archer uses BCY material. No matter what release brand. The jaws have to come together and hold under pressure. If they don't it is faulty. Or needs to be adjusted. I have had many here from Scott to tru-ball to true-fire. Doesn't matter they all grabbed the d loop well. If yours isn't grabbing it is the release.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

hawg, we should start shooting fingers again like the good ole days!no more worrying about walking up on deer with out the release on, no more forgetting the release at home. no more clanking against the treestand, and best of all no more punching ourselves in the face. Tim Wells shoots deer at forty yards with fingers!
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be nice to go back to finger release but there is no way with my hinting rig, 31" ATA is no good with a 30" draw & finger release.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boobowbender View Post
    hawg, we should start shooting fingers again like the good ole days!no more worrying about walking up on deer with out the release on, no more forgetting the release at home. no more clanking against the treestand, and best of all no more punching ourselves in the face. Tim Wells shoots deer at forty yards with fingers!
    fingers not so easy on a 30" ata bow. i never could get the hang of it to where i was consistent. i was using a 40" ata Bear one cam and tried to train myself to switch between a release and fingers in case i lost the release. my groups at 20yds was about 14".lol

Post Thanks / Like

i know i know just a pipe dream
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows