Thread: What is the BH on a 06 Slayer B Nitrious cams!

Elk4me

Exclamation What is the BH on a 06 Slayer B Nitrious cams!

I am thinking of trading my Pantera for a 06 Slayer with B base Nitrious cams. It is listed at 6 3/4" BH and the owner says it is 6 7/8" is this correct. Will this be a good trade heads up(bare Bow) for a Pantera?

Elk4me

anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Even trade? That might be a pretty good deal for you. I'm not so sure I'd nit-pick about 1/8" difference in the stated and actual brace height. That can be changed easily enough just by twisting the cable and/or string.

I had a 2004 SlayR with Niotrus cams and it was a smoker. I know the newer ones have been trimmed down in weight, but the bow should be basically the same. Shooting mine at 27", 53# and 5gr/lb it was right at the 295-299fps mark.

If you're looking for speed it's the one you want. Also, it has a shorter brace then your Pantera, but about 3" longer A2A so the bow still aims and holds well. Once you shoot those NitrousX cams you'll never want to go back to a single cam.

Realize that it won't draw as smooth as the MPro cam, but you can get just as much speed or more with a lower weight, which makes it "seem" to draw smoother than most hard cams.

Elk4me

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Even trade? That might be a pretty good deal for you. I'm not so sure I'd nit-pick about 1/8" difference in the stated and actual brace height. That can be changed easily enough just by twisting the cable and/or string.

I had a 2004 SlayR with Niotrus cams and it was a smoker. I know the newer ones have been trimmed down in weight, but the bow should be basically the same. Shooting mine at 27", 53# and 5gr/lb it was right at the 295-299fps mark.

If you're looking for speed it's the one you want. Also, it has a shorter brace then your Pantera, but about 3" longer A2A so the bow still aims and holds well. Once you shoot those NitrousX cams you'll never want to go back to a single cam.

Realize that it won't draw as smooth as the MPro cam, but you can get just as much speed or more with a lower weight, which makes it "seem" to draw smoother than most hard cams.

Thanks B Fisher if AT ever gets back up I am gona make the trade!

LeEarl

What is your draw length? The B base cam will get you out to 28" draw. As for a good trade, the speed will be better but I think the smoothness would go to the Pantera... Both are great bows and I am sure you will like the Slayer.. Don't worry about the 1/8" off BH - it will be fine.

LeEarl

Elk4me

Quote Originally Posted by LeEarl View Post
    What is your draw length? The B base cam will get you out to 28" draw. As for a good trade, the speed will be better but I think the smoothness would go to the Pantera... Both are great bows and I am sure you will like the Slayer.. Don't worry about the 1/8" off BH - it will be fine.

LeEarl
    LeEarl ,
    It depends I have noticed on my Razor X I am 27.5" DL and with my Pantera M Pro I am 28" I have never shot over 28" DL so yes the B cams will be just fine! I made the trade and will have the bow soon!