Thread: bengal ibo

cowboysfan

Post bengal ibo

can anyone tell me what ibo i will get with my bengal at 70# 29 draw with 390 grain gold tip arrows havent had the time to get it chronograghed thank you

Post Thanks / Like

You can't figure IBO specs with that setup. IBO means a 350 gr arrow at 30"draw and 70#. As such the advertised IBO speed of the Bengal is 310 fps.

You can take a stab at what speed you'd get, but that's all it is. An educated guess. But given the figures you have you'd lose about 10 fps per inch under 30". The 40 gr more arrow weight will drop things another 13 fps.

So the maximum speed you're likely to see will be at or close to 285 fps.

I think that's kinda funny myself. I have a Pantera with Nitrous X cams that at 27" draw and 53# shooting 5 gr/lb that's getting 287fps.

cowboysfan

Thumbs up thanks

i know the arrow speed isnt what count but its really accurate i was just curious of the ibo again thank you

Post Thanks / Like

All I'm really saying is it's a matter of terminology. You can try to figure your actual spped, but because you are not shooting to IBO specs you can't figure to have IBO speed. IBO pseed is determined with a certain set of parameters.

Good luck with your bow.

cowboysfan

Thumbs up thanks

yea i know how the company check the ibo i was just wondering if somebody had the same set up as i did and had it checked have not had the time to get to the archery shop thanks again