Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My sons new bow. I'm a happy father!.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My sons new bow. I'm a happy father!.

I took my wife and son with me to Deer park, Washington to my local Archery Shop. It's about a 90 mile drive one way. The shop custom made a flemish string for my 1970's Browning cobra Recurve. While we were waiting for that bow being installed I also had my Rytera Nemesis tweaked to 60 pounds and I had them give it a thorough inspection and tune up for the upcoming September Mule deer hunt. I wanted to make sure all was well with her. I ended up buying a Scott Quick Shot release, Neet shooting glove, E.W Bateman and co. Bowstringer for the Recurve. While all of this was going on, I was watching my son checking out a Camo Genesis. The shop owner said " Shoot it!". He showed my son the Genesis and all the good stuff like anchoring, proper stance, Etc. About 5 minutes later my Son Gabriel was flinging Easton Arrows down range. Watching the grin from ear to ear after each shot got to me. I told him to pick a color out...he picked blue. Greg the shop owner set him up with 6 Easton arrow and I also bought him an arm guard and a matching blue Quiver. it's all set up for NASP. The same stuff they use in Competition. We'll be flinging arrows tomorrow!. Now I'm getting into shooting the Recurve. My son's previous bow was a Martin tiger. Today was a great day!.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!!!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

That is outstanding. Kudos to an obviously loving father and one happy, grinning kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. It's always nice to see a another victim I mean participant in our sport.

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody has to start somewhere and I took the liberty of moving this thread to this new forum quickly so it would FIRST in line.
    Congrats to your son and to the proud father.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Nice!!!

Hutch
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyChi View Post
    That is outstanding. Kudos to an obviously loving father and one happy, grinning kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharxfan View Post
    Very nice. It's always nice to see a another victim I mean participant in our sport.
    Thanks Hutch, SkyChi. The first bow I bought him was a little Martin Tiger. This Genesis would be his first "real" bow. It's a great little bow, that's why they use it for NASP. I've been using it to help with my form and shooting fingers. We're trying to get the wife into it. But she has her Purse addiction. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Everybody has to start somewhere and I took the liberty of moving this thread to this new forum quickly so it would FIRST in line.
    Congrats to your son and to the proud father.

Barry
    Thanks Barry!.

Post Thanks / Like

Very touching. It's a great thing when father and son can share interests. Looks like you are both well on your way to becoming hunting buddies.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Very touching. It's a great thing when father and son can share interests. Looks like you are both well on your way to becoming hunting buddies.
    Thanks Ehunter. He wants to hunt already with a bow but he can't pull the required 40 pounds. He's gone out with me so I could teach him how to Spot and Stalk hunt. He has helped me gut deer out since he was 8 years old. during one of my hunts my back gave out trying to put the deer on the hoist. ( I'm Partially Disabled). I had overdone it. My son was right there to help me out. I made an incision in the skin and showed him how to part the Skin from the Stomach pouch..to gut the deer. I handed him the knife and away he went. He didn't even make a facial expression when the gasses escaped the cavity. He even pulled the guts out and I guided him on how to trim the Guts away from the lining. I did cut the rear end out and tied it off for him prior to gutting. He did most of it and it was a clean gut out. I was crawling on the cement from back spasms, But I was sure proud of him. We needed to get it gutted because it was around 80 degree's and we didn't have a walk in freezer.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see children interested in something other than video games.Very happy boy there DS.Thanks for sharing.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

awesome first bow, excited to buy a genisis for my boy someday. they have come a long ways
    2011 Firecat 400, sword twilight hunter, apa twister, lots of arrows