Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My sons new bow. I'm a happy father!.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fatherhood...

The gleam in his eyes says it all. There is no greater satisfaction in life than being a father. Helping your children to develop character and integrity while being all that God has purposed them to be is one of the great joys of life. My youngest son just got married and has left home at age 29. I am so proud of all of my children. And now its the grands.

The worse travesty today is so many young men are coming of age without the guidance and mentoring of a father and thus they have no idea of what it means to be a man. To build a man is a great accomplishment. Kudos...
    Martin Black Panther - Martin Cougar III Magnum
    Rytera Scepter V - Martin Diablo - 2 @ Rytera Seeker

"I will make My arrows drunk with blood... Deuteronomy 32:42a (HCSB)
    I am an Alien, I am in this world but I am not of this world, have mercy. Tell the Truth and shame the Devil.
    http://theprayeroftheday.com

Post Thanks / Like

So Simon, now that you're getting into the kinda shape that you can keep up to Gabriel, how's he doing with his genesis? Is he out shooting his Dad yet? Won't be long and you won't be able to keep him at home while you're hunting! You must be looking forward to the time when you guys get to hunt together.

Post Thanks / Like

nice bow My 6 year old wants a bow. I been wating to find something he can shot and that looks like it. I will have the hole family shooting soon.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome way to go dad!!!!! I bought both my son and daughter the genisis bows. pink one for my 8 yr old and camo for my 5 yr old. they are backed down to 14 lbs.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2681892654693

frist time shooting. he cant wait until he is old enuff to hunt.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job dad. Those are sweet boys for the youngens. They do make 2 versions of that bow for those that dont know. The Genisis and the Genisis Pro. The G-pro goes up to 40 #'s and the standard goes up to 25#'s I believe. Sorry if I have my numbers confussed.
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear

2012 Martin Cougar FC, Fury XT cam
    CE PileDriver arrow, 535 grains
    Speed: unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnordwell View Post
    awesome way to go dad!!!!! I bought both my son and daughter the genisis bows. pink one for my 8 yr old and camo for my 5 yr old. they are backed down to 14 lbs.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2681892654693

frist time shooting. he cant wait until he is old enuff to hunt.
    They are old enough, quiet enough, probably not. Get a ground blind and go sit in the woods. Give them a cheap camera that is quiet and has no flash and let them "hunt". I did that with my son when he was 7. It worked out great.
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear

Post Thanks / Like

I took my daughter a few yrs ago for elk hunting she had fun and we walked alot on logging roads. heard some cow elk mews and she had fun until the walk back to the truck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    The gleam in his eyes says it all. There is no greater satisfaction in life than being a father. Helping your children to develop character and integrity while being all that God has purposed them to be is one of the great joys of life. My youngest son just got married and has left home at age 29. I am so proud of all of my children. And now its the grands.

The worse travesty today is so many young men are coming of age without the guidance and mentoring of a father and thus they have no idea of what it means to be a man. To build a man is a great accomplishment. Kudos...
    I dont know how I missed this post.

Thanks for putting my thought into words.